Chapter 24:

Jacob takes my hand and leads me into the flowers, pulling me down into the fresh grass.

I let out a little giggle as he lies down and pulls me on top of him. Then I smile as he runs his fingers through my hair and I stroke his cheek gently with my forefinger.

He smiles; his perfect cheeky smile and I smile too.

"I love you." He whispers and I bow my head down to kiss him.

His arms wrap around my back and I'm pulling him closer to me. I feel his warmth spread through me and his steady heart beating.

"I love you too." I whisper as I pull away.

We sit there in the meadow for a while, making casual conversation but mostly just looking around at the beautiful view.

I sit with my head against his chest and his arms still wrapped around my back. After a while the sunlight starts to fade and he gently pulls me up.

"We should go back." He says to me.

I sigh. I don't want to go back to the house where everyone is constantly worried about me or trying to comfort me and make me feel better.

"We'll come back soon." Jacob reassures me and I nod.

"Can we go back to yours tonight?" I ask him.

I watch his face as he frowns.

"Why?"

"I'm just fed up with everyone watching me constantly and dad being able to read my mind all the time."

He nods, still frowning a little.

"Will Ed- Your dad be okay with that?"

"Probably not, but he'll just have to accept it."

He shakes his head

"I don't want your dad angry with me."

"Jake please. I'll call him."

He sighs and nods.

I take out my phone and call my dad.

He answers on the first ring.

"Renesmee, what's wrong?" His voice is worried and tense.

"Nothing dad. Everything's great. I was just wondering if I could spend the night at Jake's?"

"Im not sure... "

I sigh.

"His dad will be there."

"Can I talk to Jacob for a second?"

"Sure." I pass the phone to Jake who was listening to the whole conversation.

"Yes, my dad will be there Edward. You don't need to worry about us. But I understand if you want her to stay with you... "

I look up at Jake and smile, moving closer to the phone so I can hear dad's response.

"I'm not sure it's such a good idea. She's safer here, with Carlisle and all her family."

"I am her family. I love her. I'd never let anything bad happen to her."

"I know. But some things you can't control... "

I snatch the phone out of Jake's hand.

"Dad, it's better for me spending time with Jake. He makes me happy."

"Just come back home Renesmee." Dad orders me.

"I'll be fine." I sigh and end the call. I look at Jake again. "It doesn't matter. It's one night. Please? I know it will make me feel better."

That was hard for him to argue with because I know that more than anything he wants me to be happy.

"Nessie..." The little frown still creases his brow.

"You know frowning gives you wrinkles?" I smile at him and he chuckles quietly.

"We don't have to worry about that though; we're not getting any older."

"Please?"

"Your dad will hate me"

"He already does."

"He'll hate me more then."

"Not possible."

He sighs. "He'll be angry with you"

"I don't care" I say and as my phone starts to ring I switch it on to silent to emphasise my point.

"You should."

I reach up and as I do I feel Jacob's arms wrap around my back and I kiss him softly. I feel him smile then pull away.

"Alright. Let's get back to mine then."

I nod and he puts me down on the ground, taking my hand as we walk.

"Promise we'll come back soon?"

"I'll take you tomorrow, if Edward hasn't killed us both."

I let out a small laugh and together we walk towards La Push.