Chapter 11:

When I wake up everyone's there, I don't open my eyes to look but I recognise their voices and smell their scents. I keep my eyes shut as I listen to the conversation, hearing my name.

"If the baby continues to grow at this rate Renesmee won't make it." I hear Carlisle's serious voice.

I have to be brave, I'll make this. I'm stronger than Bella was. But this baby seems to be stronger than me...

"We have to get it out of her." I hear Jacobs voice.

Edward murmers in agreement.

"You know she won't let us... "

"I never said she had to. Just knock her out and get it out of her!" Jacob sounds close to tears as he speaks.

The fact that Jacob would do that to me... I wonder, if it was our baby would he do the same?

"I know. But there's the matter of Rose." Edward answers sensibly.

I know Rose hasn't been as protective over me being pregnant than she was with Bella, mostly because he's part wolf but she still helps me. It stops them from taking him from me. That's what matters.

I hear Rose growl softly and then Jacobs response.

"What is it with you blondie and trying to kill the women I love?"

"This is what she wants Jacob. Accept it!"

"I can't do that. Not if it means losing her."

A tear rolls down my cheek and I pretend to wake up. Alice looks at me sincerely, knowing I heard the whole conversation.

Jacob walks to me quickly and wraps his arms around me.

"How do you feel?"

I want to be angry, furious with him for what he said. But I know he only meant it for my benefit, and when I look into his eyes I melt and hug him back. He wipes the tears from my cheek.

"Does it hurt?"

I shake my head; lieing. Yes it hurts but that's not why I'm crying.

Edward frowns at me and looks at Carlisle.

"Can you give her more morphine?"

Carlisle frowns. "Her body burns it off quickly, and... It might risk the baby's health." Carlisle looks at me and I shake my head quickly.

"I'm fine." I won't do anything that will risk hurting the baby.

I turn to Jacob.

"You're not going to take him from me, Jacob."

"It's killing you! Please, Ness. Let us"

"You know why you don't like him, and its not because of this!"

Edward growls and I gasp.

"He did this?!"

I've given too much away. I thought about Seth... I'm such an idiot. I really, really am.

"Dad, it was my fault!"

But he's already run out the door. I try to stand up but Jake pulls me down.

"He might hurt him!"

"Good." Jacob answers. "He deserves it"

I frown. Seth doesn't deserve this. I got him into this mess.

"Renesmee, let Carlisle take it out of you. I'll do anything. Please."

"No." I answer firmly.

"I'm not going to lose you!"

"I'll make it!"

"I know you won't... " His voice cuts off as he breaks into a sob and I start to cry too. I hate fighting with Jacob.

Rosalie walks to me and growls at Jacob.

"Mutt go. You're upsetting her"

"Rose, please... "

But Jacobs already stood up. He kisses my forehead and then turns to the door. Tears fill my eyes as he walks outside and Carlisle looks at me.

"Let's get you some more blood..."