Chapter 23:

Once I've finished eating I look up at Jacob who's leaning on the table and he smiles.

"Are you done?"

I nod and he takes my arm, pulling me out of the chair.

"Come on, we're going for a walk."

"Are we?" I ask, a little confused.

He chuckles and nods, trying to pull me forward.

I hide a smirk and resist him, pulling him back, away from the door. Suddenly his face lights up with the glisten of an idea and before I know it his hands are around me, scooping me into his arms.

"Stop!" I shout, laughing a little as he carries me out the door over his shoulder and grins.

"Wait here." He says, putting me down on the outside of the door before running into the woods.

A few minutes later a big brown wolf is running towards me, a set of clothes in his mouth.

I take the clothes from between his teeth and watch as he lies down next to me. Having done this routine hundreds of times before I climb into his back and grip onto his soft fur. Once he's sure I have a firm grip he starts to run.

You can't really compare that feeling to anything. I guess, it's similar to horse riding but much faster. The trees are spinning past me in blurs of green and the ground is swirling up in little clouds of dust under Jacob's paws.

The canopy of trees lightens as we come to an opening. Jacob stops slowly and lies down, signalling for me to climb off. I walk back, deeper into the woods and place his clothes by a tree then head back to the lighter area where Jacob is standing. He nods at me to wait and walks into the woods, returning 5 minutes later in human form.

I smile as I see him duck under the branch of a low tree and take my hand.

"I've got somewhere to show you."

I frown and let him lead me into a clearing.

As I look up I see the sunlight shining down and lighting up the meadow infront of me. Amongst the bright green grass are purple and white flowers; scattered around in groups.

I could think of no word to describe it other than beautiful. Utterly beautiful.

"What do you think?" He smiles and bows his head to kiss me quickly. My lips catch his as he pulls away and I smile.

"It's... Incredible."

The meadow seemed to radiate it's beauty and convert it into my happiness.

But I can't be happy. I shouldn't be happy. It's not fair to be happy. I should be grieving. I should be sad. I should be crying. I shouldn't be smiling.

_

_

Sorry this chapters quite short and took a while.

Hopefully I'll update more regularly from now on.

As always thanks and I love you.

xxx