Chapter 25:

I still remember my first visit to La Push. I was amazed by it all. I'd grown up knowing about vampires, living in a house full of them but wolves...

The first time I saw Jake phase I was so excited. Not scared. I've never been scared of Jake. I know I'm safe with him.

I don't go back to his house very often. My parents don't like the idea of not knowing what we're doing. That only makes it much better when I do.

I feel Jacob's arm, comfortingly wrapped around me and I gaze out on to the beach looking at the people there.

Suddenly I feel Jake tense and I look a little closer, examining the faces which is when I notice a sweet, caring familiar face. Seth.

"Renesmee come on, inside"

I sigh. I want to talk to Seth; badly. But I know it'll only hurt Jake and he's more important. So I nod and let him lead me inside.

The house is much as I remember. The same old paintings hung from the wall and the welcoming feeling as I walk in.

"Dad, Nessie's here!" Jake calls loudly, announcing our arrival to Billy.

I smile as Billy wheels out of the kitchen toward us, a beer can in his lap, and stops infront of me.

"Hey Billy. I've missed you." I smile and bend down to hug him gently.

He chuckles and returns my hug.

"I missed you too."

I look around to see Jake grinning

"We'll be upstairs if you want us dad. Call me if you need any help."

Billy nods and wheels himself into the living room. I follow Jake upstairs to his room and sit down next to him on the bed, looking around. His rooms almost exactly the same as last time I was here, just a little more empty.

"I love it here."

"Really? The Cullens' house is so much nicer though."

"No its not. There it's all tense and I feel out of place. Here I feel welcome, like I belong."

"You belong anywhere."

Jake frowns as there's a knock at the door.

"I'll get it. Stay here."

"Jake-"

"Stay." He says a little loud as he turns and walks down the stairs.

A second later I follow and wait at the top. I don't know whether I hope it is Seth or I hope it isn't.

The door opens and a delivery guy stands there, holding three pizzas. Jake smiles and pays the guy, giving a quick glance outside to where the wolves are but his smirk of satisfaction tells me they're gone.

"Dad!" Jake calls. "Pizza." I duck down, hoping he doesn't see me as he walks past me and into the living room, returning into the hall with two boxes left.

Quickly I run back into the room and sit down on the bed where I was before.

"Who was it?" I ask as I hear him walk up the stairs.

"Pizza" He smiles as he walks into the room and shuts the door, handing me a box.

"Thanks." I take it gratefully and open it. I don't realise how hungry I am till I smell the pizza and my stomach rumbles.

Jake chuckles and I blush, embarrassed.

He kisses my cheek then starts to eat his pizza, smiling.

I take a slice of mine and start to eat it, thinking of how to word what I want to say.

"How's the pack?" I resolve with.

"Alright, I guess. Same as usual." He frowns a little at me, knowing I mean Seth who is probably not alright.

"That's good. How's Rachel?"

"She's great, moving in with Paul I think soon which is good."

"Where is she now?"

"Probably at his." He chuckles and I smile, eating another slice of pizza.

Jake's already finished his so I offer him the last two slices of mine.

"Aren't you hungry?"

"Not that much."

He nods and eats it willingly. I chuck the boxes in the bin then walk downstairs to wash my hands in the bathroom. I'm about to go up the stairs when Billy stops me.

"Renesmee."

I turn around.

"Yes?"

"I just want to ask, that you're careful with Jake. I don't know what's going on with you and Seth but I don't want Jake hurt because of it. He's a good guy. He loves you."

I want to protest, shout tell him how wrong he is but he's right. What he's asking is so reasonable that I can't argue.

"And I love him" Is all I say before I run up the stairs.