Chapter 15:

The next day goes quickly, but to my excitement Seth visits.

It makes Jacob furious but I like Seth, even before what happened.

When he walks in I hug him tightly and his smile turns mine into a grin.

"You feel better?" He asks.

I nod. "Much. How are you?"

"Good, but worried about you. I want to stay around."

_

Jacobs P.O.V.

A growl tears through my throat. What right does he have to come here and suddenly expect to be allowed to act all fatherly?

Nessie looks at me worried but then back at Seth.

"Of course."

"When are you due?" Seth asks.

"A couple of days, or sooner." She answers him.

Seth smiles and sits down on the floor by her, his hands on her stomach. It makes me sick. The pain is unbearable.

He loves her, still. He didn't just do it as a one night thing. He loves her. I don't need to look at Edward for confirmation. It's obvious. In his eyes.

How could anyone not love her? She was stunningly beautiful, with a hot temper and a kind heart.

The fact was, she was mine. But the baby, is Seth's. That counts for something.

I wonder, if, for Nessie it was more than just a one night thing too. If it meant more to her....

Edward's staring at me. I need to escape, I'm already shaking. I nod at Renesmee quickly and then run outside. Once I'm deep enough into the woods I phase. I can control myself now, I'm not as angry.

Jared, Embry and Sam are also in wolf form. Jared's going over where Kim and him left off...

Jared!

Sorry. He apologises quickly, feeling my anger.

Sam's voice suddenly cuts into my head. Jacob, you need to calm down. As much as we love to have you back with us this isn't an escape from your anger.

I growl. It's typical, them thinking I can't control myself.

I'm not here out of anger, I'm here to calm down.

Seth's there? Embry asks.

Yes. Isn't it just lovely? I ask sarcastically.

Sam's growl cuts through my thoughts.

He's doing it for her, you realise? Sam says calmly.

Tell him to stay away from her then. We don't need him.

Tell him yourself.

That's it. Wolf form's no escape either, so I phase back, grabbing my shorts from under the tree and slipping them on.

I wish I could get rid of those voices. Wolf form would be perfect then. But I no longer wish to run away, I haven't felt like that in a long time, not since Renesmee. But I did when she told me, and after today...

I'm equally wolf as I am man. That scares me sometimes. The thought that only half of me is physically human. I'm a monster. A freak.

My thoughts aren't quite as strong as Leahs, which are all "I'm a genetic deformity. Pity me."

Its still painful to be around her. She thinks of my imprint as a betrayal, especially since she wanted to run away with me before.

Ugh, that sounded romantic.

But she stays now, because Seth's here. And I stay now, because Renesmee's here. She's all I've ever needed.

The one thing I've felt like I've been. searching for my entire life. I finally fit. Aslong as she was there next to me; two puzzle pieces. I belonged when she was there. Finally, I'd found the purpose for my existence. It was her.