Chapter 40:

I gaze out into the sea smiling as the sun rises out of the water into a swirl of colours. The rush of the tiny waves on the sand lulls me gently. I rest my head onto Jacob's shoulder and he wraps his arm around my waist. Behind me a bird chirps in a tree in a morning call. In the forest there is a faint rustle of leaves which I can only imagine the cause.

My vampire senses are heightened. Every noise is magnified. The scent of the sea is enhanced and the colours of the sky are striking.

I tilt my head to look at Jacob. He's staring past me, out into the distance. He has a small crease on his forehead, worry. I take a deep breath and breathe in his musky scent. The mutt smell which never bothered me. It is the one thing in my life that makes me feel at home. It's comforting to me, always been there. I know that even if I was on the other side of the Earth or in the middle of the dessert, as long as I had Jacob by my side it would still feel like home.

He stands up smiling and yawns. "Come take a walk with me?"

I nod and push myself up slowly, wiping my sandy hands on the back of my jeans. I take Jacob's hand and we wander down the beach. Neither of us say much. Just appreciate the moment.

About halfway down the beach Jacob stops and turns to face me. Slowly, he lowers himself down onto one knee, his fingers slipping into his pocket and pulling out a little box.

"Renesmee Carlie Cullen, I am in love with you. I am crazily in love with you. In fact it is so much more than love. There is a rope that ties me to you so tightly that being anywhere but by your side hurts. I have watched you everyday as you grew up and never in my life have I been so proud of anyone. You've been given the biggest hurdles and although it's been tough you've leapt over them. I am so lucky, so, so lucky that you love me the way I love you. I want to be with you forever. I want to start our forever from now. Will you marry me?"

I want to scream in delight tell Jacob that I love him. That I want to be there for him everyday that passes and I never want to see a day without him by my side. I want to tell him that despite everything, despite the pain and the hurt... I want to tell him that he is my something good.

Yet through my dry lips all I can manage is a dry whisper.

"Yes."

_______
Thank you so much for getting this story to 10K!!!
I cannot believe how many that is.
One thing I really want to do in my life is publish a book and this has given me so much more confidence in my writing.

I started out with this story just for fun. I honestly never expected it to come this far.
I know 10K isn't that big compared to millions but to me it is an incredible achievement.

I cannot thank you enough.

On the note of this story I think this will be the ending. I may decide to write a sequel but it depends on how many of you would want to read it.

I am writing a Jacob black Imprint fanfiction which I will post soon as well.

If you have any suggestions please comment them or just let me know if you'd read a sequel... Or even ideas for it ^

I love you all.