Chapter 34:

I open my eyes in the morning to the bickering of Jake and dad.

"We can't tell her."

"She deserves to know Edward! You can't hide her from everything!"

"If it keeps her safe we can."

This general conversation continues. I pull the duvet up over my head and curl up into a little ball, thinking. I don't remember falling asleep last night. I must have drifted off while talking to Jake. I hope he slept...

I let out a soft sigh.

A little later the door creaks open.

"Nessie?" Jake asks. "You under there?"

I try not to laugh, hiding under my cover. It's childish. I know he can see me but it entertains me anyway.

"Renesmee?" He asks again, his tone a little playful as he hears my small laugh. I don't answer. There's silence for a couple of seconds. Then suddenly he's there, pulling the duvet away from me and tickling me grinning. Of all the vampire traits I got could I at least have got being immune to tickling?

No, apparently not.

Instead I collapse into fits of giggles as Jacob's hands move up and down my stomach.

"Stop, stop!" I shout laughing. "Please. Mercy!"

His grin widens.

"Mercy?"

"Please!"

He stops tickling me for a second but his hands still rest on my stomach, poised to tickle again.

"You promise to do all the chores?"

I frown and stick out my bottom lip in a pout.

"No!"

He starts to tickle me and I scream laughing.

"Okay, fine. Fine! I will!"

He grins and steps back.

"Good."

"You're evil." I sit up smiling and comb my now tangled hair with a finger, a little frustrated as I attempt to remove all the knots.

Jacob sits down next to me and pushes my hair onto my right shoulder before leaning down to kiss my neck. I shut my eyes, breathing in quickly. I can't see him but I know him well enough to know he's smirking. I reach behind me and take his hand, pulling it around my waist. In one sharp, quick movement I push him over so I'm lieing on top of him, my legs wrapped around his waist then kiss his forehead.

"What were you and dad talking about?"

I feel his body tense around me and he immediately looks away from my eyes.

"Not really important right now." He kisses me softly in an attempt to distract me. It works. My whole body is focused only on him for the next few seconds and he becomes my world. I manage to regain my senses and I push gently on his chest in an attempt to push him away.

He ignores my resisting force, or doesn't notice it, continuing to kiss me. I push again suddenly, harder and he pulls back frowning, the expression on his face hurt.

"What's wrong?"

He reaches up to stroke my cheek but I bat his hand away.

"Quit being so irresistible."

He chuckles, then noticing my glare, stops suddenly.

"I can't help it. It comes naturally to me."

I stick out my tongue.

"Modesty is clearly another of your talents." I say sarcastically.

"I don't need to be modest with a body like this." He grins a cheeky grin at me.

"There's not much to show off about..." I joke in a serious tone and grin back at him.

He thinks he's distracted me. I'm distracted but I haven't forgotten and I won't forget. But I'll let him win for now.