Chapter 13

Jacob sighs and walks towards me but Rose snarls at him, stepping infront of me.

"I was only trying to help you Renesmee."

I nod. Why do I still have to love him? I can't believe he tried to take my baby away.

Taking him was like destroying me.

Was that what he wanted?

Of course not. Jacob loves me.

Doesn't he?

Well, I love him. Imprint or no imprint.

"Rose, it's okay." Rose growls as she steps away and Jacob sits down next to me.

"Im sorry, Nessie."

"But you're not. If I gave you the chance, you'd still take it."

"Of course I would. To save you. Renesmee, there is nothing. Nothing. I want more than you."

"Then why won't you understand! He means so much to me!"

"That's what I don't understand. It's not even mine Ness, why do you have to put me through this? Knowing he did this to you."

"I'm happy Jacob, why won't you see that!"

"You're dieing Renesmee, why can't you see that?"

"I'll make it." I tell him

"What if you don't?"

"I will."

I don't want to think about if I don't, because Seth was right. I know Jacob will hate this baby, but if I live, I can make Jake love him. I know I can.

But if I don't and Seth won't take the baby...
No. I can't have doubts. I have to be sure, otherwise Edward will play to my weak spots. I have to be sure.

Jacob stands up and sighs.

"Renesmee, I'm begging you. Don't do this."

He kneels down on the floor in front of me and places his hands in my lap. I move them up so they rest on my swollen stomach and he frowns.

"Live, for me."

I want to live. Of course I do, but there's this big sacrifice I have to make. He comes first.

I don't know why I love this baby so much.

But, it's partly because I know Jake will not let me have a child, after this. And until now, I never realised how much I wanted one. Jake's or not.

I look at Carlisle.

"What's the chance of me die-" that word is too painful to say so I change it. "Surviving?"

Carlisle frowns as he looks back at me.

"Its about even, though it's hard to tell. You're strong, now, it looks like you'll live. But the baby might grow stronger... "

Jacob sighs and stands up.

"I love you." I whisper to him.

"Just not as much..." Jacob answers for me.

He's wrong, so wrong. And I want to shout at him. Scream at him, tell him I love him more than anything. But he's already walking away and besides, I don't have the energy. I'm already so tired.

As soon as I yawn Rose descends on me like a volture

"Sleep, Ness."

I sigh and as soon as I shut my eyes the world dissolves into black and I'm unconscious within a second.