Chapter 20:

I just want to thank you all for your support throughout this story and I can't believe we made it past 500 views.

It means so much to me.

So thanks.

X

_

Renesmee's pov

It seems childish, to want something so badly that your very existence seems to depend on it. Something you've never even seen before. Yet something you've set your heart on.

She was part of me. She was mine. She can't be gone. I can't picture my beautiful baby, dead. No.

Jacob stands in the corner of the room, watching me. I don't turn and look but I feel his gaze.

"Renesmee, come with me. Please."

I turn to face him and pull myself to my feet, nodding. I walk to him and take his hand, squeezing it as he leads me outside.

We walk in silence, me focusing on the sound of his gentle breathing and wondering how hard it would be to cut off my own. Just to stop. That would be so much easier than the effort I make daily, the effort now required just for me to keep going.

Jacob leads me to La Push. We walk the whole way, despite that its quite far. Jacob doesn't complain, just walks with me.

The sand stirs under my feet and I look out into the crystal waters before turning back to see Jake pulling out a small jar of black powder.

It takes me a second to work out what it is. I choke and the tears spiking my eyes fall down my cheeks and I'm sobbing. Jacob just squeezes my hand and slips off his shoes, leading me to stand in the water, ankle deep.

I don't worry about the fact that my shoes (which I didn't care to take off) are getting soaked, I just focus on the jar in Jacob's hands as he opens it.

"Do you want to do it?" He asks me and I nod. I take the jar from his hands into mine and I slowly scatter the ashes into the deep waters around me.

As I watch the black powder swirl into the blue waters I can't take it. The jar slips from my sweaty fingers and I fall onto my knees. I watch as my tears splash into the sea beneath me and I feel Jacob's arms around me, pulling me up and burying me in his shirtless chest.

"I'm so sorry." He whispers into my ear and I hold onto him tightly, scared that if I let go I'll fall to pieces.

I feel like my ashes have been scattered all over the world, hidden in places so that I'll never find parts of me. I'll never be whole. Well, at least I lost my heart the second she died, she took that with her. She got a part of me at least.