Chapter 18:

Everything else comes as a rush.

My eyes open again and the world blurs around me.

Jacob's there. My beautiful Jacob. I try to say his name but my throats too dry.

I look up and see his sad expression. He's watching me closely and the second he sees my eyes are open he makes a movement towards me, taking my hand.

His touch brings back the sensations of the rest of my body and I suddenly feel empty. Where was my baby?

As the sensation returns so does the pain and I can't move. I try to ask but my mouth stops when it's opened. I look into Jakes eyes, seeing his worry, hurt, fear all melt into one loving look. 

I manage to move my lips into one word.

"Where-"

It hurts too much to say any more but Jacob's looking at me confused, the same sadness in his eyes.

I squeeze his hand and manage another word.

"Baby."

I watch the realisation in his eyes as he puts the two words together and he looks at me, his eyes filled with tears.

"Renesmee,"

No, where is he? He has to be here! He has to have made it. No, he'll be here. Jacob just wants to tell me something else.

"I'm sorry Ness." The words choke him and the tears in his eyes flood out down his cheeks and I can't breathe.

No. No! He has to be here!

"The baby didn't make it."

The whole world collapses around me. My baby. My baby didn't make it.

I don't want to either.