Chapter 27:

As Seth walks out Jake storms down the stairs towards me. He takes a grip on my arm, a little too hard.

"Jake, that hurts..." I wince a little.

He let's go at once and I examine the red finger print marks on my arm.

"Sorry." He sighs and I see the hatred in his eyes for hurting me.

I put my arm behind my back, hiding it from his gaze.

"Its fine."

"I hurt you. You're not fine. I'm taking you home."

"No! Jake please, I'm fine!"

"Show me your arm."

I shake my head but he reaches for it and pulls it from behind my back.

"I'm so sorry, Nessie. Are you angry?"

"Of course not!"

"You should be."

"I should be a lot of things. One of which is human, but I'm not."

He sighs.

"Come on, I'm driving you back. You can go on my bike."

"I'm not a child!" Although the idea does excite me a little, staying here is more important. "I'm staying Jake."

"No." He starts to push me to the door, clearly forgetting I was bare foot.

"Jake please... I don't want to go back. It just reminds me of her there. Here I'm better. Please let me stay." I say, my voice starting to break as I begin to cry.

He wraps is arms around me, instantly comforting.

"Shh, it's okay. Of course you can stay. Of course. Come on, let's get you upstairs."

I nod and wipe the tears from my eyes.

"Thank you."

He takes my hand and squeezes it gently, reassuring me, letting me know he's there.

"Come on. Let's go back to my room. Finish our film."

I nod, not telling Jacob that there are other things I wish to finish instead. I squeeze his hand and we walk up to his room together.

We sit down on the bed, Jake's arm around my shoulders. He hits play on the film and we watch it.

It's a comedy, but not very good. I know Jake would much prefer a horror film but I don't have a very strong stomach. I'd much prefer a romance but Jake says he hates the soppy rubbish they put in. So we settle for comedies most of the time.

Once the films over I get up and stretch, slipping on my shoes then looking round for the bag I usually bring to Jake's when I stay over. When I see it's not there I remember the spontaneous decision and my lack of pyjamas, or a toothbrush.

"I've kind of left everything at home, including my pyjamas."

He chuckles then reaches into his drawers and chucks one of his old tshirts at me.

"Thanks." I say as I catch it.

"I'll go change downstairs."

"Seriously? We don't need to change separately, it's not as if we've never seen each other naked before."

I see him smirk at my last words then he nods.

"Alright." He pulls off his shirt and I turn so my backs to him, changing into the shirt. It's much too big on me and goes down almost to my knees. I like it though because it smells of him.

When I'm changed I turn around to face him again. He tries not to laugh when he sees his shirt on me.

"You're tiny."

"You're massive." I argue.

"I'm normal."

"No you're not, you're a werewolf."

He chuckles then walks to me, wrapping his arms around my back.

"Who said normal had to be human?"

He plants a kiss on the top of my head.

"Good night." I whisper.

"Night." He smiles and I reach up to kiss him gently.

Jake lies down on the bed and I curl up next to him. He kisses my cheek and I shut my eyes. Waiting for Jake to fall asleep before I get up.