Chapter 26:

I'm sorry this chapter took so long, I've been away.

Also, I'm pretty sure Jacob's house doesn't have steps as it's a bungalow.

So I apologise in advance for the use of stairs.

Enjoy.
_

_

Jake smiles as I walk back into the room.

"You want to watch a film?"

"Sure. You pick." I sit down on the bed next to him, pulling my feet up under me and slipping off my shoes.

He leans down and chooses one of the movies scattered on the floor, putting it into the dvd player.

I rest my head against his shoulder and feel his arm around my waist, pulling me gently to him. It makes me feel like I belong. I belong with him. I'm his.

I reach up and stroke his cheek, turning his face towards me. I pull myself forward and kiss him. My lips are rough against his, desperate, needing.

He kisses me back but not quite in the same way.

"Nessie..."  He whispers in between our kisses.

"What?" I pull back a little.

"We can't."

"Why not?" I pout.

"Edward's angry enough... "

I roll my eyes. Dad seems to always be the problem, I wonder if Jake just doesn't want to be with me.

"It doesn't matter." I answer and pull him against me. This time his lips respond to my call and he kisses me back, his longing evident.

There's a faint buzzing noise downstairs but I don't care. All I can think is Jacob, Jacob, Jacob. Every nerve in my body is alive at his touch.

He reaches out to pull off my top and I help him pull it off.

But then there's another noise, closer. A knock. By the time I've realised what it is its too late and the doors already open. Seth stands there.

Jacob moves infront of me almost instantly, shielding me from Seth who is trying (but failing) to hide his smirk. I hear Jake let out a growl and I feel his body shake.

Quickly, I take my top and pull it on. Jake stands up to face Seth.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to say hi."

"Seth get out!"

I frown, there's no need for Jake to be rude.

"Jake stop. You're only angry because of before, not now. And that was my fault. Leave Seth alone."

"You're defending him now?"

"He hasn't done anything! Apart from walking in on us making out."

Jake growls again and I look at Seth in the doorway.

"I should go. I just wanted to say, Renesmee, I'm sorry really."

He turns and walks downstairs. I start to follow him but Jake catches my arm.

"Renesmee, don't."

"Stop." I growl softly and pull my arm out of his grip, running down after Seth.

Seth looks up at me.

"You should go back to Jake. He seemed pretty pissed."

"Let him be."

He sighs and I step closer to him.

"What is this Seth?"

He starts to say something that I don't catch when he stops suddenly. Looking quickly at the top of the steps. I look back to see Jake standing there and sigh. When I've turned back Seth's already walking to the door. I whisper quickly to him.

"Meet me at the beach at midnight."

And I swear I see him nod.