one • stranger

Baekhyun hated the sound of leaves under his boots, that made an empty graveyard even creepier than it already was.

Clouds of cold air appeared in front of him while he breathed. His hands were stuffed in his pockets and he played with his keys to get his mind distracted of uneasines that was an usual companion of his visits to his brother's grave.

He reached small grave with dead blue flowers in the pot, and replaced them with new ones.

"Hi, Soo." he greeted, sitting down on a cold bench next to the grave.

"I miss you."

He always started his visits the same way. There wasn't a lot to say anyway. Since Kyungsoo had left him ten months ago, it was all the same, every day.

Baekhyun would go to school in the morning, usually even sleepier and more tired than the night before.

He would sit in the bottom of the classroom and avoid talking to anyone besides his teammates. He couldn't avoid them even if he wanted to.

Baekhyun was a good student, so he was always occupied with studying anyway.

After having a lunch outside, sitting alone on the bench because he didn't want people staring at him as some sort of freak in cafeteria, he would go to gym for their daily volleyball practice. He never skipped it.

The other thing that he never skipped was visiting Kyungsoo's grave. He would ride over there on his old bike, bringing fresh bouquet of blue flowers.

He couldn't imagine how his life looked before anymore. He couldn't imagine that once he was a cheerful person that everyone loved.

What made Baekhyun that way was his brother. Two of them always came together.

It was lonely since Kyungsoo had left. It took him a long time to get used to the feeling.

There was no one to walk home together with, pushing each other and fooling around.

No one to spend endless nights talking  about future, or arguing if  dinosaurs could dance (they would get drunk sometimes when their parents were gone).

No one to give him a shoulder to cry on. To stand up for him and defend him. There was not a single person in the school that was not afraid of Kyungsoo.

To Baekhyun it seemed like the Heavens were trying to tell him something by making his rock, the strongest person he knew, the weakest one. Like God wanted to tell him that no one would be there forever.

"Mom and dad are doing better these days." Baekhyun informed him." Mom started baking again. They went to visit grandma in Incheon for the weekend, but I didn't feel like going."

You liar, he could almost hear Kyungsoo saying.

You just couldn't skip your daily visit.

Baekhyun knew it was true. Whenever he had something to do he would find an excuse, even if it was helping his dad with something. Then he would to the graveyard instead.

"I just don't want you to think that I've forgotten you, Soo." he answered an unexistent question.

For some reason, he thought it was his duty. To watch over his brother. Just like his brother did for him.

He sat in silence and watched as wind gently rocked the branches. He enjoyed almost inaudible sound of leaves, and he closed his eyes, trying to imagine that he was somewhere else, with Kyungsoo by his side.

Like it was still the same old life.

Baekhyun knew it was time to go home when his stomach started to growl, asking for food. He picked up his bike and rode back home.

He was welcomed by a cold and empty house.

Kyungsoo was the one who could cook between two of them and Baekhyun was the one who ate all of it. Now that he was gone, he couldn't do otherwise but rely on orders from a nearby restaurant or frozen food for microwave.

He cooked some pasta that was way worse than Kyungsoo's. He sighed after few bites and headed back to his room. At least his stomach had stopped growling.

Baekhyun took out his biology book and pluged his earphones in his phone, because he couldn't study without music.

His was home alone and his music wouldn't bother anyone, but it was a habit and it felt wierd otherwise. Baekhyun was just a kind of a person that's too attached to his habits.

He put on Yiruma's "Maybe", but he heard nothing. He tried to plug and unplug the earphones, turn the volume up, but still nothing happened.

Dissapointed in his miraculously two years old earphones, he started digging through his cupboard in search for some other pair.

Somewhere behind old Rolling Stone magazines his hand touched something that felt like headphones, so he took it out.

He held his old headphones that he had got from Kyungsoo for his 11th birthday. He almost forgot those existed.

He cleaned them and plugged them in his iPhone. Those were oldfashioned headphones that worked with his mp3 ages ago, so he hoped they would work with it.

He was dissapointed when once again no music came out. He was just about to plug them out when he started hearing static noise coming from them. His phone suddenly went off, but the noise started getting louder.

On the next thing that came from the headphones, Baekhyun's heart skipped a beat.

"Hello, Baek."

______

A/N

Yaaay, first chapter is here! They will usually be longer than this, but this is some sort of prologue so yeah.

Hope you like it, leave a comment and a vote if you do!

All the love, Eun Ji (: