thirty • back to you

[Sorry for the long hiatus! Enjoy!]

"Wait, who's that guy? Do you think he remembers?"

"Doesn't matter, Jackson, I'll tell you later. And don't you dare tell him anything, Chanyeol told me to-"

"Guys?" Baekhyun sat in his bed with eyes barely open and a nerve-racking headache, looking at two blurry images who's voices suddenly died down.

"Baek! How long have you been awake?" Namjoon asked hesitantly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You two just woke me up." Baekhyun mumbled, pressing his palm against his temple.

"Since you're already here Joon, you two can talk about whatever you have, I gotta go to practice." Jackson started stuffing his swimming equipment in his bag. Before Namjoon could protest, the blond swimmer was gone.

Sighing, Namjoon directed his attention back on Baekhyun, who had his eyes closed again even though he was sitting.

"Um, B-baek?"

"Mhm?"

"Do you, uh... Do you by chance remember how you got back here last night? Or what you did?"

On his words Baekhyun opened his eyes and his eyebrows furrowed. He thought about it, trying to recall anything that happened after he had lost his three friends in a crowd on the party. However, his mind was completely blank, so he shook his head.

"Oh, then-"

"I do remember dreaming something wierd." he said suddenly, when an image that made his cheeks tint rosy pink popped up in his mind. Rough hands, fervent lips and husky whispers.

"What...was it?"

"I dreamt of Chanyeol." Baekhyun whispered, staring at his fingers. "About him and I... sleeping together."

"Oh." Namjoon let out weakly.

Baekhyun groaned and fell back on the bed.

"I couldn't live with myself if I actually did it."

Namjoon looked at him, biting his lip. He felt like he was holding Baekhyun's happiness in his hands. One wrong word and it could crash. He held onto the promise given to Chanyeol the night before. He didn't agree, he couldn't agree with Chanyeol's decision, but it was none of his business to interfere with.

Namjoon's palms were sweating as he stole glances from the girl across the room. He had a bottle of beer in his hand, enough to give him courage, but he still hesitated as he sighed every time Lily laughed or flipped her fiery red hair. He had had a crush on her ever since he saw her for the first time in the gym with her dance crew. He also couldn't get himself to approach her ever since, but kept watching from afar and purposely coming to his own practice earlier just to watch hers. Finally have gathered courage to start a conversation, he started walking in her direction, but was stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

"What?!" he flinched in annoyance, but when he saw a worried face, messy clothes and ruffled hair of the person before him, his eyebrows furrowed and expression softened.

"Are you Namjoon?" the man asked.

"C-chanyeol?" Namjoon stuttered. It was the Chanyeol, Baekhyun's Chanyeol, and there were hickeys all over his neck and...

Namjoon's eyes widened.

"W-where's Baekhyun? What did you two do? Oh God-"

"Come with me." Chanyeol said and pulled him by the forearm before he could protest. Once they went upstairs Chanyeol stood in front of one room. He pulled his fingers through his hair and sighed heavily.