five • shatters of you

"Baekhyun. Baek. Captain Byun. BAEKHYUN!" Chanyeol finally raised his voice after none of those names helped Baekhyun wake up.

"What..." Baekhyun mumbled as his eyes fluttered open.

"Get up, we're here." Chanyeol pulled his track jacket off Baekhyun before the smaller boy could notice.

He put it over him somewhere during the trip, when he noticed Baekhyun shivering next to him.

"You're such a pain in the ass, Park." Baekhyun muttered as he got up.

"What did I do now?" Chanyeol whined, letting Baekhyun pass and get off the bus. "And I have a first name, you know."

"I know." Baekhyun shrugged and went to join the others, leaving Chanyeol confused and frustrated.

Those were the most common feelings Baekhyun gave him, except for daily headache for the past few weeks.

* * *

"I'm exhausted! How long is this gonna take?" Jongin whined and threw himself on the grass.

They were all panting for air after another round of penalties. They could hardly remember what round that was, because the last set they won had happened three hours ago.

Since the early morning they won only five sets and lost nine.

"Until Baekhyun and Chanyeol decide to repeat that magnificent move from yesterday." Kris scoffed.

Chanyeol lied on his back with closed eyes and lungs still longing for air.

Baekhyun gave him good tosses all day and he felt like he was on cloud nine when spiking them. But the problem was in Chanyeol messing up all the actions the team tried to do.

Baekhyun wasn't called the best setter of his age for no reason. He had ability to pull the best out of every spiker, and to give them exact tosses they need.

But with Chanyeol, it was different. They matched perfectly, but at the same time Chanyeol had a hard time matching with the rest of the team, their actions and routines.

His previous team was mostly focused on force rather than doing any strategies. Chanyeol, however, found it interesting to strategize and trick his opponents, and that's why he didn't mind when he found out he was going to transfer to Jungsan.

"I'm sorry, guys. I don't know what's wrong with me today." Chanyeol said.

"No need for apologizing, hyung! We all have those days, but we will all work together as we always do!" Junmyeon said over enthusiastically.

"We have whole two weeks to turn tables around, anyway." Luhan said. "We will be ready when it's time to face Bangwong."

Bangwong was the best high school team in South Korea, and Jungsan had been trying to defeat them for years in an official match. They were the only thing stopping them to go to the Nationals, because no matter what they did, they would always get defeated in semi finals.

Minseok and Luhan seemed to be in best condition out of them, and Chanyeol wondered if it was really some thing about liberos that they never lacked energy, they could only have some extra.

"We're done for today, I hope luck will serve us better tomorrow." Baekhyun said, helping Kris to get up.

Just when Chanyeol was about to stand up as well, he saw a hand reaching out to him.

Baekhyun stood in front of him with his offering hand, and he could see Chanyeol's suprised expression, which immediately turned into a smirk.

"You're not strong enough to pull me up." he teased.