nine • changes

After they had lost a match against Bangwong for Chanyeol's mistake, Baekhyun didn't speak to him whole day. Not even bitter remarks and insults. Nothing.

The rest of the team wasn't too happy about losing either, but since it was only a practice match, they got over it soon.

Kris ended up with pain in his left shoulder because he landed on that arm, so the coach forbid him to play for few days to prevent any serious injuries from happening.

Chanyeol wasn't hurt physically, but emotionally, if that was even possible for the Park Chanyeol. His pride was hurt, and he was angry at himself for letting his instincts and desires react instead of using common sense and his head.

Baekhyun had every right to be mad at him, he knew that. But it still bothered him, and he needed to talk to him, but the smaller acted like he was invisible, even when Chanyeol stood in front of him and called his name over and over again.

The team was free from any activities for the rest of the day, so Chanyeol decided to find the captain and talk to him.

---

Meanwhile, Baekhyun tried to avoid the giant under all costs.

He was sitting on his bed with his back pressed against the headboard and his headphones on his head.

"That son of a bitch." Kyungsoo hissed when Baekhyun described him Teamin's new moves and improvement. "He's a genious player, but he's an asshole." he stated.

"Yeah." Baekhyun laughed. "Even though I'd like to toss to him sometime, it would be so cool."

"Since when do you use works like cool? Get yourself together, Byun Baekhyun." Kyungsoo said seriously, but Baekhyun could hear jocosity behind his voice.

"And about that matter with Chanyeol, well, you have to understand him, Baek. He's the ace, after all, and sometimes it's hard to control your insticts."

"He's not the ace yet." Baekhyun said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"There's no official way to become an ace, so I believe he already is, but you don't want to admit it to yourself. You're being stupid. Dumbass."

"Hey! Don't call me that, idiot." Baekhyun chuckled.

"You can't say things like that about dead people, Baekhyun. Who's raised you so badly?"

Baekhyun felt so comfortable talking to Kyungsoo every day again that it became something normal to him. His conversations with his brother were only occasions when he laughed and acted like old Baekhyun.

He was becoming his old self, but the problem was that no one else could see it except the dead boy on the other side of the headphones.

The problem was that he was becoming his old self, but at same time he was sinking back in the past, ignoring his reality and people who were actually there around him.

His parents. Junmyeon. Chanyeol.

Baekhyun could've talked to Kyungsoo for hours if he wasn't interrupted by cabin doors opening and a tall figure entering.

Baekhyun's voice suddenly went silent and he pulled the headphones off his head, placing them behind his back.

He was always lame at hiding things, exposing and making himself suspicious by his stupid reactions.

Chanyeol cocked his eyebrow and closed the door behind him.

"Geez, chill, I won't steal your headphones."

Baekhyun's expression didn't change as he put the headphones back to his backpack and took out anatomy book.

"Baekhyun." he heard Chanyeol calling him, but he ignored him as usual, tracing the lines he was reading with his finger.