nineteen • running away

"Baek? I asked if we-"

But he didn't get to finish the sentence because Byun Baekhyun crushed his lips against his very own.

At first Chanyeol's eyes widened in suprise, awkwardly staring at Baekhyun's closed ones.

It didn't take him too long to smile against Baekhyun's lips before putting his free hand on the back of Baekhyun's neck and pulling him closer to respond fully and deepen the kiss.

Their lips melted together perfectly, brushing against each other like they've been doing that for years, like they've been made for one another. In that moment every person Chanyeol had kissed before Baekhyun became inessential and simply vanished from his past. All there was was Baekhyun, and his fingers in Chanyeol's hair and his baby soft skin that Chanyeol touched where he cupped his cheek to tilt his head.

It didn't matter that they were both sweaty, tired and thirsty, because they quenched the thirst in one another, tasting each other's lips hungrily as if that was their only life need.

Baekhyun was the first to pull away, after he ran out of oxygen. He panted heavily, closing his eyes and leaning his forehead against Chanyeol's, whilst the other opened his eyes, glancing at Baekhyun.

"We won." Baekhyun spoke after some time, and he opened his eyes too, meeting Chanyeol's warm ones, that seemed to be lost somewhere in the moment, somewhere in Baekhyun.

Chanyeol connected their lips once again, just for few seconds, simply wanting to feel lingering, luscious taste of Baekhyun's lips.

"I've wanted to do this for a while now." he said, moving away to see Baekhyun's face.

The captain wore an undefined smile on his face, one Chanyeol had never seen before. He felt like that smile had  been bottled up until that moment, waiting for him only. Like Baekhyun had showed it to no one but him, and that thought made him feel special. And happy. So happy.

He placed his hand on Baekhyun's cheek softly, and the latter closed his eyes, melting under his touch.

"Does it hurt?" Baekhyun asked once he noticed Chanyeol's long forgotten broken arm lying on his lap.

"Not really. Especially not now." he smiled.

"Cheesy." Baekhyun stuck his tongue out.

"Chanyeol-hyung!" someone suddenly called, and short, brown haired figure appeared on the door.

"Are you okay?" Luhan approached Chanyeol with scared deer eyes, examining his arm like a piece of broken porcelain.

"Don't worry, the nurse said it will heal in no time." Chanyeol laughed, even though he wasn't telling the truth. He didn't want his teammates to worry, but he planned on talking to Baekhyun about the matter later, when they were alone.

"Chanyeol!" soon whole team barged inside the small ambulance, and Baekhyun moved away to let them check on their friend. He watched from aside as Chanyeol assured each of them that he was fine, a warm smile never leaving his face.

He caught Chanyeol's glance at one moment at it carried unspoken words between them as they exchanged secretive smiles.

Finally, things were slowly getting into place for Baekhyun.

Or maybe, for both of them.

---

"Hello, mrs. Byun. Is Baekhyun home?" Baekhyun heard farmiliar voice that sent a smile onto his face coming from the front door.