six • i'll try

If he needed to describe what satisfaction feels like, Chanyeol would describe doing a synchronized attack in a match with the boys.

After whole week of staying up late after playing bunch of sets, he finally got into it.

He stayed with the boys from his team to practice attacks and think of new strategies, and he played three on threes with boys from other teams.

He loved the atmosphere in the camp. No one acted like they are enemies, but as long time friends.

Still, he was bothered by Baekhyun's behavior.

Their captain didn't stay to practice with them. He practiced on his own, and one evening Chanyeol saw him in one of the gym after midnight when he headed back to their cabin. Him and most of the boys worked their asses off and went to sleep, but Baekhyun didn't even look tired.

He watched in awe through a gap on the doors how brunet practiced to place his tosses right. He put bottles of water along the net and tried to hit them. Jongdae was with him, throwing the ball so Baekhyun could toss them.

Chanyeol decided to change that, so he made up an insecurity about his receives( which was not too far from the truth, he sucked at it) and lured Baekhyun into helping him for the sake of the whole team.

"Why didn't you simply ask Minseok or Luhan? They're liberos, receiving is their job." Baekhyun asked as they dragged their equipment bags towards one of the gyms.

The night was chilly but it wasn't unbearable, and the stars looked wonderful so he wanted to spend it stargazing and talking to Kyungsoo rather than dealing with the giant and his lousy receives.

"They're both busy." Chanyeol lied. He didn't even bother to check if any of the boys was free. The purpose of their late night practice to get closer to Baekhyun anyway.

"With what?" Baekhyun asked suspiciously.

"They have... Uh, they have a... A date! Yes, a date." He said, proud with how quickly he made that up.

"With each other?" Baekhyun's eyes slightly widened in disbelief.

Chanyeol just then realised that he said a date, which indicated two liberos going on a date together.

"Well, obviously, I said that." he said, stuttering.

"I didn't know they have a thing for each other. I didn't even know either of them likes boys." Baekhyun said, but Chanyeol could clearly hear the sarcasm in his voice. Baekhyun didn't believe him, but he was interested in giant's intentions, so he played along.

"Well if you talked to your teammates more you would've known." Chanyeol scoffed at him, opening gym doors as they reached it.

Baekhyun smiled at himself, but Chanyeol was already ahead of him, thinking about all the things he wanted to pull out of  Baekhyun during their time together.

They quickly changed in their training robes and warmed up in silence. Chanyeol tried to pick up a conversation here and there but Baekhyun only answered shortly.

"Okay. Let's see how you'd recieve my serve first. I'll give you an easy one for the beginning." Baekhyun said, taking the opposite side of the court.

"Hit me with all you've got." Chanyeol said, positioning himself.

"Here we go." Baekhyun threw the ball up, took a run up into his takeoff and jumped, directing the ball towards Chanyeol.

The giant received it easily, and the next one, and the next one.