thirteen • mint and apples

Baekhyun was already starting to regret his decision of coming to the party when he entered along with Junmyeon, his nose recognizing unpleasant smell of alcohol and cigarettes.

The music was so loud that he though his ears would bleed.

Junmyeon took his hand to drag him through sea of people who were doing some body rocking that was probably considered as dancing in their terms.

"Baekkie! You're heree!" Zitao yelled loud enough for everyone to hear despite the music.

Baekhyun could tell he was drunk even without looking at him, just by that Baekkie nickname that Zitao never used.

"Hi, guys." Baekhyun greeted.

"How did you convince him?" Sehun asked, grinning.

"Ah well, I have my ways." Junmyeon said proudly, making Baekhyun roll his eyes but smile anyway.

"Is everyone here?" he asked.

"Yeah, Kai, Kris, Jongdae and Lulu are somewhere hooking up and Chanyeol is over there at the counter." Minseok said, pointing behind Baekhyun's back.

He turned around instantly, and he found Chanyeol already staring at him.

His eyes were full of lust and hunger, and something in Baekhyun's  stomach flipped.

Maybe he was imagining it from all the atmosphere that had already hit Baekhyun's head, but something about Chanyeol was different.

His relaxed attitude radiating with attraction and hotness wasn't something unusual, but Chanyeol's eyes traveling over Baekhyun like a predator were scaring him at the same time as making his insides flip and a fire start burning inside him.

"I'll just go to say hi, I'll be right back." Baekhyun said, even though no one but Junmyeon and Sehun actually heard him.

"I knew you'd show up eventually." Chanyeol gave him well know smirk, handing him a bottle of soju.

"I was forced into it."

"One way or another, you're still here." Chanyeol shrugged.

Baekhyun took a sip of soju, not taking his eyes off the giant.

"I'm sorry for yesterday." Chanyeol said. He was more than glad that Baekhyun came, but if he hadn't, it would've been his fault.

"It's okay."

"I was thinki-" Chanyeol tried to start a talk about volleyball and upcoming qualifiers for the Nationals when he was interrupted by Sehun's voice.

"Slow dance for all the love birds and those who feel like it!" he said on the mic, and after that they heard some Christmas love song playing.

Couples soon started to ovetake the middle of the living room a.k.a. the podium, which was big enough thanks to how rich Kris' parents were. It took Baekhyun few visits to learn what's where in the house and manage not to get lost in it.

"Wanna dance?" Chanyeol's hot breath touched his skin when the giant leaned in to whisper in his ear, and when Baekhyun looked at him again he saw Chanyeol's offering hand of front of him.

He raised his eyebrows in suprise. Why would Chanyeol ask him next to all the pretty girls whose butts he could grab during the dance (and probably hook up after it).

"Why wouldn't you ask a girl?" he asked directly.

"I've already told you, I'm not limited to girls. And not like anyone in this room would care even if I kissed a guy in the middle of the room." Chanyeol answered casually.