fifteen • midnight secrets

"Did you take everything?" Baekhyun's mom asked him while he was putting his bags on the back seat of his dad's car. He had to drive him to the bus station, from where he and other boys (except for Tao and Yixing, who went earlier to prepare the cabin) were going to Pyeongchang.

"Mom, I pack for the camps and matches all the time. Don't you think I've got a hang of it by now?" he smiled, kissing her cheek before getting in the car.

"I guess you're right, honey. Please take care of yourself and don't do anything stupid." he knew that by that she meant don't drink and don't smoke.

Baekhyun chuckled, closing the doors.

"Of course I won't.

---

"Alright, here's the booze!" Kris and Kai barged in the cabin with bags full of various kinds of alcohol. Those two always knew how to smuggle alcohol, even though they were both under age. They were the biggest party animals in the school, so normally they were always in charge of organizing all the events that included alcohol, partying and chicks.

"It's freezing outside." Luhan trembled, dropping the bags with snacks on the floor and running over to the fireplace.

"You should've brought your girlfriend to warm you up." Sehun said, making sure everyone heard him. Luhan just gave him a confused look while everyone else laughed. Sehun's crush on Luhan was obvious to literally everyone but the small libero.

Baekhyun sipped his hot chocolate, wrapped in a blanket and curled up in an armchair. The cabin was the coziest and the most comfortable space Baekhyun had ever been in, and it was even better with Christmas spirit everywhere around: warm yellow fairy lights, Christmas tree sparkling with too much decorations on it and giant socks hanging off the fireplace.

"Aah, this is life." Chanyeol groaned and fell back on the couch across Baekhyun.

"It sure is." Kris agreed and opened a bottle of soju, handing it to Chanyeol.

"Guys, there are three bedrooms in the house so we go by four in each." Tao informed them.

"I can sleep here." Baekhyun and Chanyeol said at the same time, and when they realised it, they gave each other deadly glares.

"I said it first." Baekhyun stated.

"We said it at the same time." Chanyeol fought back.

"No, I said it first."

"Baekhyun." Chanyeol's eyes were plastered on him, but Baekhyun didn't have intention of backing down. In reality, he wasn't really bothered by the possibility of sleeping in the same room with Chanyeol anymore, but it was fun to tease the giant, who was short tempered when it came to both stupid insignificant things or something really important.

He didn't know, though, that Chanyeol was playing the same game with him. Because deep down, they both wanted each other's company, but none og them wanted to admit it.

"I won't back down." he said.

"Neither will I." Baekhyun smirked, and that's when Chanyeol noticed the playfulness in his voice.

Oh, you little sneaky devil.

"Or you can just both sleep here?" Jongdae rolled his eyes. " Stop acting like a couple in a fight already."

Jongdae's words snapped them back to reality, and Baekhyun blushed, hiding behind his blanket after it.

"Okay, whatever." he mumbled, making Chanyeol grin.