twenty two • as i live

Baekhyun was decorating the last details on the dining table when he heard a doorbell ring. His cooking mission went surprisingly well. It wasn't some fancy dish and it didn't taste amazing like Kyungsoo's, but it was eatable. His decorating skill were far more impressive though.

"He won't dump me because of this lousy dinner, anyway." he muttered to himself, fixing his shirt and hair in front of the mirror.

He opened the door and met a girl of his height face in face, wearing a huge smile very similar to Chanyeol's. Her light brown hair rounded her pretty face, and Baekhyun immediately thought she looked cute with her baby bump, he had never seen her before.

Ten centimeters above her his eyes met Chanyeol's, who had the same smile on his face and slightly red tips of his ears from cold air outside.

"Hello." she smiled widely.  "You look even cuter in person." she chuckled, poking her brother's stomach. "You are a lucky guy, oppa." she told him and Baekhyun blushed when Chanyeol eyed him, as if he was proud of his property.

"I'm so happy to meet you, Baekhyun oppa." she tried to bow down, but Baekhyun lift her shoulders up before she could do it.

"No need for that. Don't overwork yourself." he smiled politely. " I'm very happy to meet you, too."

As they entered the house Chanyeol leaned down and quickly pecked Baekhyun's cheek.

"Your house is so nice!" Yoora exclaimed as Baekhyun took off her coat, shooting glares at Chanyeol who mouthed a word gentleman behind her back.

"It smells good. Looks like you managed to make something that we can actually eat." Chanyeol settled on the couch, smirking at Baekhyun.

"Is he good to you, Baekhyun? If he's mean just tell me, I'll handle him for you." Yoora smacked the back of Chanyeol's head, making Baekhyun laugh. He liked her already.

"Aish, you're a bully even when you're pregnant. I'm the older one here and yet she always abuses me." Chanyeol whined, rubbing the back of his head.

"That's because you always get into trouble, oppa. Someone has to knock some sense into you, since mom is at work all the time."

"He's actually very good to me." Baekhyun smiled. "And when he's bad I have my ways to punish him." he smirked at his boyfriend.

"You can punish me all you want later, babe." Chanyeol winked, taking his seat after the table.

Yoora rolled her eyes. 

"Save those words for later, boys." she scoffed.

Baekhyun found her relaxation comfortable. He thought their first meeting would be rather awkward but it wasn't. It felt like they had known each other since forever.

He served the food and for a while they sunk into it, too hungry to talk.

"It's not bad, shrimpy." Chanyeol commented after emptying second plate and resting his chopsticks.

Baekhyun ignored the latter's remark and his ex-nickname for him, turning to Yoora.

"Is it good?" he asked her, but her mouth stuffed with food was a good enough answer.

"So good." she said in-between bites.

"She's just very hungry. And very pregnant." Chanyeol added.

This time Baekhyun laughed, because the food really wasn't anything special.

He studied the siblings, admiring how two human beings can look so similar and yet be so individual. Sibling bond was always an interesting subject to him, since he was a part of very special one as well.  They reminded him of him and Kyungsoo, those situations when even if they teased or  insulted each other there was no bad intention. Even if they were in a fight they both knew they cared for another more than themselves, and that there was no fight that could tear them apart.