twenty • love will tear us apart

"Chanyeol."  Baekhyun's voice came out weakly, and no matter how bad he wanted to run away, to stop looking at it, he couldn't. He kept staring until Chanyeol raised his head up, eyes widening at the sight of teary eyed Baekhyun.

"Baek. Baek!" he called after him, but it was too late, because Baekhyun ran away.

"Wait here." Chanyeol said to the girl, putting his track jacket over her shoulders and ran away in sprint, even though it had started raining a little and he had nothing but his training robes on.

"Baek!"

Silver haired figure kept running but his steps were getting slower and slappier, turning more into trotting than running. His hair was illuminated by moonlight, making him look like a broken, fallen angel because next moment he lost his balance and almost fell down, but he managed to lean against a tree before falling.

"Baek..." Chanyeol slowed down, slowly approaching Baekhyun's back, scared of his reaction. He heard quiet sobs despite the rain, and he used all of his gentleness as he carefully put his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder to turn him around.

"Don't touch me, Chanyeol." Baekyun's voice sounded so threatening and sharp that it almost made Chanyeol flinch and pull back, but he didn't give up. He suprised Baekhyun by turning him around to face him, but when he did, he was the one more suprised.

Baekhyun's eyes looked like pieces of shattered glass. Broken, tears gleaming under moonlight. Hurt. Those tears weren't ordinary ones. Those were tears caused by feeling of betrayal, heartbreak and wasted love.

"Baby, please." it was Chanyeol's first time to call Baekhyun that, but his heart ached for seeing Baekhyun that way. Even though he did nothing and there was no reason for that, he felt like he shared all Baekhyun's pain.

"Get away from me, you-" Baekhyun gritted his teeth, kicking Chanyeol and trying to break free, and he wasn't weak at all, as the best volleyball server in the country. But force that was driving Chanyeol at the moment, his sudden realization of how scary a future without Baekhyun would look and importance of keeping him made Chanyeol even stronger, gripping onto Baekhyun's biceps even harder.

"She's my sister! That's Yoora. My younger sister, and she's pregnant." Chanyeol spilled out, and Baekhyun froze, his big eyes finally looking at Chanyeol.

"W-what? She's not... You're not..."

"No." Chanyeol whispered softly, cupping Baekhyun's cheek. "Why would you think that, don't you believe me?"

All of a sudden, Baekhyun pulled back, moving away. Rain was getting stronger and stronger, soaking up both of them to their skins.

"Believe you what? What are we, Chanyeol?"

And that's when Chanyeol went back to being a coward. That small, gentle creature standing in front of him was finally asking him to give him that last thing he needed to be happy. He needed to be loved, and Chanyeol was a coward who couldn't make a step that would provide happiness for both of them.

"Why did you react like that then, if you don't know what we are?" he couldn't help but slip those words off his lips, even though he was regretting them while saying them. He was stupid. He just had to say those three words, but he had to blow everything up instead.

Baekhyun's palms were balled into fists as he looked at the giant in disbelief. All his hopes that Chanyeol would step out and take him into his arms- literally and figuratively- were starting to fade.

"Because I don't know what we are, but I know what I am! I am in love with you and thinking that you might love someone else fucking hurts! I'm in love with you and I can't help it!" Baekhyun shouted. He was angry, so angry, and Chanyeol could see it on his face how dissapointed he was.