thirty two • the end

It's finally here guys! I'm sorry for making you wait for so long, but now please enjoy it and see you at the end of the chapter! (:

***

You know that feeling when it seems like the situation you're in happened before already, flashes of memories and the same air that you once breathed now suffocating you? They call it Deja vu.

In that moment, Baekhyun relived a few of the worst moments of his life. Once again he was in his living room, sitting across his parents and Kyungsoo whose eyes were full of sorrow. Once again, they told him his brother was dying, and there was nothing to be done about it.
He was again in Kyungsoo's hospital room with yellow walls, holding his brother's hand while he was taking his last breath.

He felt as if his lungs were collapsing and all the air was gone, when he saw Chanyeol walking away through his blurry vision.

Every step he took from then was like stepping over a dark, deep abbys.

"Chanyeol!" his voice broke in a shout that echoed through the gym when he sped up, and before Chanyeol could react and turn around there were thin but strong hands wrapped around him from the back, embracing him in a locking grip.

Baekhyun felt how Chanyeol's body stiffened but he didn't care, and instead he hugged him even tighter so the idiot wouldn't even think about walking away again.

"You thought... You thought I'd let you go again? Not again, Chanyeol. I won't... let you go." Baekhyun's voice died down as his sobs were getting stronger.

His grip on Chanyeol was loosening, and the boy could feel Chanyeol using the opportunity to break out of his embrace and turn around to face him.

Disbelief on Chanyeol's face was as clear as day , and standing so close to him Baekhyun could see his own reflection in Chanyeol's teary eyes.

He inhaled nervously.

"I tried to live without you, I really did. And I thought I could do it. But I was so fucking wrong." he breathed out, eyes searching for Chanyeol's.

"I thought I was doing a good thing for both of us. I thought we wouldn't be happy together if we couldn't pursue our careers that were on two different continents and that we would get frustrated with each other... But now I see I got frustrated with things I've left you for, because they couldn't fill the emptiness. I thought I'd be happy but I- I was miserable." he sobbed out the last word silently.

Chanyeol looked at him with eyes glistening like broken glass.

"I missed everything. I missed you talking me into things I'd never do, your arms, your laugh, the way you play and... Fuck, I even missed the stupid nickname you gave me." Baekhyun chuckled weakly. Chanyeol's lips tugged into a shy smile. Baekhyun's hands were trembling and his heart was forcing it's way out of his chest, but that was okay. He was finally doing the right thing.

"And about Jaebum... It's my fault only. I was cheating on him all the time anyway, because I used him to fill the void that was left after you, and every time he'd kiss me I'd only see you."

Chanyeol couldn't hold back the tears anymore, and now they were rolling in streams down his face while he managed not to sob, looking at Baekhyun helplessly like a child.

Baekhyun's palm reached up to wipe the tears away. He cupped Chanyeol's face and the latter immediately melted into his touch, closing his eyes.

"We were never actually apart." Baekhyun said quietly, close enough to Chanyeol that he didn't need to say it any louder.