thirty one • the confession

"Bobby, I'm not interested." Chanyeol repeated for the nth time to the blue haired boy sitting next to him in a scratched yellow separe of a fast food restaurant.

"I'm telling you man, she's a really nice girl! She's got the curves, dude, like for real-"

"You do realize she's your girlfriend's best friend, right?" Chanyeol's curly haired teammate, Leo D'Angelo, gave Bobby a disgusted look.

"No, no, no, there's no question that Jenna is the hottest girl alive and she's mine-", he pointed two fingers from his own towards both of the boys' eyes, "but I'm trying to convince him here. Don't be a spoilsport, idiot."

"I'm not a spoilsport, can't you see you're fucking annoying him?" Leo snapped back, throwing french fry at him.

Chanyeol ignored them, scrolling down Instagram as he had already finished his burger. He was tired of his friends (mainly Bobby) trying to set him up with girls every chance they got. He didn't even have desire to even hook up, not to mention date anyone.

Anyone but one person.

He hadn't seen or heard from Baekhyun since that night. That meant that Baekhyun remembered and found out nothing, so that was a good thing. In theory. In reality, Chanyeol couldn't decide what hurt him more: lying to him or knowing that he had ruined every chance of them getting back together. But still, Baekhyun didn't want it anyway. He had Jaebum, so he was probably happy and didn't even think of him and-

Facebook messanger: you have 1 new message.

From: Byun Baekhyun

Chanyeol froze. His limbs went dead and his mind stopped functioning. That couldn't be happening. It meant that Baekhyun knew. That could be the only thing he wanted to contact Chanyeol for. Without even opening the message, because he couldn't bring himself to, he already predicted the worst.

"Dude, are you okay? You're as pale as a corpse, man." Bobby waved his hand in front of Chanyeol's eyes, turning him back to reality.

"O-oh, yeah, it's- nothing." he said, trying to sound as collected as possible. Bobby and Leo kept giving him strange looks.

"Gotta pee." he muttered quickly and rushed out towards the toilets.

Luckily, there was no one there. He backed against the wall, staring at his own reflection in the mirrors in front of him. He gripped his phone in his hands as his life depended on it. He didn't know what to do. This is what he'd been waiting for, right?

The reflection in the mirror stared back at him. Faded red hair mixed with black roots showing. Chest rising up and down more quickly than usual. In his eyes there was a flicker of horror, a sign of guilt.

He unlocked his phone again, the Messanger chat appearing in front of his eyes again.

Harvard sports facility, gym number 2. Tuesday, 9 p.m. It will be unlocked.

That was the only content of Baekhyun's message. No context whatsoever, nothing that could even slightly indicate what Baekhyun wanted to talk about.

Chanyeol sighed deeply. Maybe that was for the best. Maybe he had no chances of ever having Baekhyun back, but at least he could be honest to him. He owed him that much, for the sake of what they used to have. Chanyeol was the one who made him cheat. He deserved to at least know the truth.

Chanyeol's trembling fingers typed back.

I'll be there.

---