eighteen • temptation

Thinking that you can get used to something is the stupidest thing ever. Or thinking that time can fix things.

Time will never heal Baekhyun's pain for Kyungsoo.

Time will never make him get used to his patients dying once he becomes a doctor.

And right now, while he was watching a gym full of volleyball players that had the same goal as him, no matter how many matches he had played and how good he was, he felt like throwing up.

They were finally standing on the court in the gym where Qualifiers were held. The net was up, balls were flying all around while other players warmed up and the crowd was starting to gather in the stands with transparents, ready to cheer for their school team.

"I'm so hyped!" Minseok said happily, stretching his arms and legs, jumping up and down all the time.

"Me too!" Luhan agreed. His eyes were shining with excitement. The liberos were always the most impatient ones to start playing.

"This is gonna be a piece of cake." Tao said, looking at the schedule in his hands.

"Basically, if we beat Mithawk, which we will, we will play against either Hanseong or Inchang, depends on who wins. Neither of them is hard to handle, though."

Chanyeol flinched on the mention of Hanseong, his ex team. Since he had left, he hadn't played against them in an official match. He was looking forward to it though, thinking that now he was on a stronger team.

"So we are in A group. In B group there are Douyang, Whimoon and Bangwong." he said, his expression darkening at the mention of the last team, everyone's painful spot.

"There's no doubt they will win that one. If we finish off all the teams in our group, we have to face them." Junmyeon said.

"Don't let that discourage you, boys." coach Lee appeared with Jongdae following him with a bunch of water bottles and towels in his arms.

"We already went through the strategy. Bangwong relies on strength, and you have much more than just that. You've also improved on all fields as a team since them, but also individually. I know how much each one of you practiced to fix your weak spots, like Chanyeol's receiving or Sehun's serve. You also have the most reliable captain in this gym right now, so don't worry too much." he smiled, tapping Baekhyun's back.

"Alright guys, we can do this!" Baekhyun shouted, gathering his teammates together.

"We are one! Jungsan!"

----

"This was so easy." Sehun bragged, biting off his banana after they won the match against Mithawk.

They won 2:0. They didn't expect it to be any different, because Mithawk was not a very strong team. They had few good attacks here and there and their libero was quite solid, as well as one of their wing spikers.

"Don't brag too early, dumbass. Hanseong won against Inchang. We have to handle them to get to the finals." Junmyeon warned.

"Yeah, like they're hard to handle." Sehun huffed at his hyung, putting his free hand on his hip.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were sitting next to each other, eating in silence. They observed the court, where the first match in group B was being played, the one between Bangwong and Whimoon. It was already third set, and Bangwong was in lead 20:16.

"They will be tough to deal with." Baekhyun sighed. "They're still so good." his voice almost sounded mesmerized. He couldn't help himself. Every time he saw a good team playing (if it wasn't against him) he would stop seeing them as enemies and admire their skills instead. As much as he was an asshole, Taemin was also a really good player.