twenty one • never let you go

A/N Please listen this song while reading, it fits perfectly, especially for the first part. Enjoy!

A bag dropped on the floor and his legs started moving on their own, carrying Chanyeol to the roof terrace before he knew it. Three steps at a time, hand grazing over handhold in rush and he was there, pulling a heavy door and letting cold air in.

He didn't move further from the door once he saw his hopes came to life, wind pulling its fingers through fading silver hair and a bent figure with crossed arms resting on the wall. He was there, touchable, real and beautiful in his fragility, his mere appearance taking Chanyeol's breath away in a blink of an eye. Wearing long grey coat and beige scarf he looked like an actor in some sad, heartbreaking movie and it was even sadder to think that their lives were just that, making them leading roles as a tragic couple.

The captain seemer to be lost in his own world, staring at busy street below him, look in his eyes glassy and absent-minded and therefore he didn't notice the expected boy approaching him before he stopped right next to him.

"I hoped it was you." Chanyeol offered him a broken smile, and the glint in smaller's eyes was suddenly there again.

"Chanyeol." the words came along with a heartwarming smile, words soft like feathers, gentle, caressing Chanyeol and warming him up despite the coldness.

In love. So in love.

"You wanted to talk?" he composed himself. Baby steps, Chanyeol. Baby steps.

"Yes. It's been long enough..." Baekhyun wrapped his scarf around his milky white neck again, fighting against the wind.

Time they had spent apart created many thoughts on their minds that brought a distance along, whilst distance accompanied solitude. Not necessarily uncomfortable one. Solitude gave them ability to solve the puzzle they had created, and now that Baekhyun was silent beside him, looking for the right words to start, Chanyeol just appreciated it. He appreciated the chance he was given, to at least be next to him again.

"I'm sorry for being an idiot. Immature, selfish idiot." Baekhyun said turning towards Chanyeol and looking up at him.

He didn't turn away as he barely noticeably took in a deep breath.

"You told me about your father and you told me as soon as you caught up with me that's it's your sister, but I was still too selfish asking for you to like me back and do it effortlessly. I didn't think that maybe you had issues keeping you back. You are scared of loving because with loving comes leaving. I can... I can understand that better than anyone." little, crystal tears formed in his eyes, but he didn't want to take them off Chanyeol.

"You have every right to be mad at me and to push me away and find someone who deserves you more than I do."

Chanyeol stared at the smaller completely lost, in his words, in him, and how could he even think that I'm mad, how could he think that there is someone who deserves me more-

"But if you choose to forgive me, I swear there will never be anyone who will love you more than I do. I promise that this time, I will be the one to fix you."

Life flew back into Chanyeol's veins and he was awake. Alive.

"We can fix each other. It's a process but- It would be worth it." Baekhyun finished. His words marked beginning of something new, a proposal, a suggestion, a hope. He was ready to give in everything- risk it with all the insecurities and maybes and fears.

That's where Chanyeol's lips formed a smile, a wide, honest and happy one. I fucking love you smile and finally you understand smile.