Chapter 15

Like the Red Death showing up in an Edgar Allan Poe story, the Black Hood had come to Riverdale

Like the Red Death showing up in an Edgar Allan Poe story, the Black Hood had come to Riverdale. With that grimmest of reapers looming over us, how did we cope? In the case of Archie and Veronica...it was through carnal defiance. With every kiss and embrace, they seemed to be saying: "you have no power over me, Death." In fact, Varchie became the opposite of death....in Archie's bedroom, his garage. Even in the Pembrooke. After all, if our younger lovers dared to defy the Black Hood, why not risk Hiram Lodge's wrath as well?
.
.
.
"The usual." I smirked, sitting down on a stool in the White Wyrm, the boy behind the bar smirked at me "It's 8am."

"It's happy hour somewhere." I spoke, as he laughed, placing my drink in front of me, I winked at him and brought the drink up to my lips and sipped on it.

Watching as Jughead typed away on his laptop, the concentration on his face making him seem ten times cuter, not that it's even possible for him to look bad.

"Is he always writing?" The boy asked.

"Yeah." I spoke not looking away from my boyfriend "it's his passion."
.
.
.
Jughead and I walked into pop's, hand in hand as we went to see Betty who was patiently sitting in a booth. Betty smiled at us as we sat down "sorry, there's no service in the bowels of the city Hall." Jughead spoke.

"What did you find?" Betty questioned "any truth to what that creepy truck driver said about that murdered family?"

Betty was talking about how Jughead went and met up with this man, who gave him a little information that he needed. Jughead had told me all about it, so I think I knew what she was on about.

"Yes." Jughead sighed "shockingly, Freddy Krueger didn't lie to me." He slid a news paper towards Betty. "A family of four was murdered by someone the press called the Riverdale Reaper."

"The victim were Jim and Mary Ellen Conway and their kids." I spoke up, remembering what Jughead told me last night.

"Yeah, Tommy was 10 and Sue was 9." Jughead said "the Reaper was never caught or identified, so he could be our Black Hood."

"But I'm not convinced." I spoke sitting up straight "He would totally be in his 60s by now."

"Why did he do it?" Betty questioned "kill them?"

"The reporter of the article talked to a Sheriff at the time, who thought the killer chose at random or because their house was isolated."

"Where was it?" Betty asked.

"Edge Of Fox Forest down a service road." I spoke up, watching as Betty looked confused . "Here." I pushed a news paper towards her "there a picture of it."

"Oh, my god." Betty muttered "Juliet, I've been to this house." She spoke not looking away from the picture "The Black Hood sent me to it as part of his game."