Chapter 45

~

~

"Josie, Wait!" Toni called out as we walked after Josie who was walking ahead of us, quite panicked and scared. "Slow down. We need to regroup."

"If what Mrs. Blossom said is even a tiny bit true, that means that Cheryl threatened me, sent me a bloody pig's heart." Josie said as she turned around
To face us. "I'm out, you guys, I'm done."

Toni, Ronnie and I watched as she stormed away from us, I sighed and crossed my arms. "And then there were three." I muttered.
.
.
.
Jughead had decided to go and pay Fred Andrews a visit to help Fred with his announcement address, I of course tagged along since I wanted to see Fred again and that's how I found myself sitting at the island in his kitchen while he and Jughead spoke.

"Okay, well." Jughead started "what about something like, uh, 'I'm all about investing in the citizens of Riverdale, not just profiting from them'." I nodded my head, that would sound good.

"I like that, Jug." Fred nodded "That's great, it's simple—"

"Dad." I turned my head to see Archie standing by the entrance of the kitchen. "Hey." Fred greeted.

"Jug, Julie." Archie started as he walked into the room "what's going on?"

"Oh, they're helping me out with the—what your mother calls it, my announcement address" Fred responded "I'm not much for Speechifying, but Jug is the greatest writer I know." He placed his hand on Jughead's shoulder.

"And I just tagged along for the free food." I added, smirking slightly.

"Trust me, I know." Fred laughed, patting my shoulder as I continued to munch on the toast I had made.

"You need to meet more writers, Mr. Andrews." Jughead said as he looked over at him, I furrowed my brows and scoffed.

"Nope, you're the best." I stated as he looked over at me "Just take the compliment and move on." Jughead smiled and nodded his head.

"Oh by the way, your mom told me you'd be stopping by at the announcement might." Fred said as he looked over at Archie who was already looking at him. "I appreciate that." Archie nodded his head.

Am I the only one who can feel the awkward tension in this very room? Probably not.
.
.
.
"On the 14th July in 1989, a state prison on the east side of Paris, known as Bastille—" the teacher was suddenly cut off as the intercom came on. "Antionette Topaz to the principal's office, Antionette Topaz, please report to the principal's office."

I looked over at Toni who was sat in the desk in front of me while Veronica was in the one next to her "tell me what they wanted?" I whispered as she nodded her head gently before grabbing her things and walking out of the door.