Chapter 51

~

~

Juliet and Jughead walked out of the diner after saying goodbye to their friends. The redhead was embarrassed to say the least, she didn't think her friends except for Archie, would see her have the meltdown she did. Not that it was anything to be ashamed of, she just didn't like being in the center of attention.

"Julie, are you feeling better now?" Jughead asked as he placed on his gloves, the both of them walking towards his motorcycle. Juliet nodded her head gently. "I feel much better" she lied, a small smile blossoming onto her face.

Jughead didn't believe her one bit, the pain glistened in her eyes, or it could just be the tears she won't let fall freely. He knew his girlfriend had been through a lot this past year, near death experiences and being moved from house to house. Something like this seemed normal to Juliet, except this time he knew she was worried, worried on why Black Hood let her live.

"Juliet." He said as he leaned against his bike. "How do we know that Chic had nothing to do with Midge?" He asked, Juliet felt her stomach drop, she didn't even want to talk about this right now. "This is the same guy who killed someone in your kitchen using a lamp."

"Yeah, I understand that." Juliet bit her bottom lip gently "But Chic did that to protect me and my mom, plus, Chic doe-didn't even know Midge, what motive would he have to kill her and attack me?"

Jughead took off his beanie and picked up his helmet "I don't know." He sighed loudly "But he does have a violent passed and associates with equally violent people."

He handed Juliet the helmet as she held it in her hands and smirked slightly "When have I ever wore a helmet?"

"I need to keep you safe." Jughead smiled softly, he didn't need anyone or anything hurting her anymore. "So please just put it on?"

Juliet hesitated before nodding "Fine."
.
.
.
"How do you feel?" Betty asked, sitting down next to Juliet who sighed and continued to sketch away in her sketchbook.

"Why is everyone asking me that?" The Redhead asked, stopping what she was doing so she could look up at her sister. Betty smiled warmly and placed her hand over Juliet's when she saw tears forming in the girls eyes. "I'm fine."

"What you have been through is horrible, Julie." Betty replied "It's okay to say you're not fine, it's okay to cry."

"But that's the thing, Bets." Juliet removed the hand that was under Betty's, a small frown appearing onto her face. "I have been through so much, stuff that a teenager shouldn't, I'm not going to start crying now, not after I have been strong for this long."