Chapter 58

~

~

Betty sat comfortably on the carpet, Dagwood was cradled in her arms as a small frown appeared onto her face. "Jer?" She questioned as she tilted her head up, her gaze meeting Jerome's who was holding Juniper in his arms, he watched as his girlfriend carefully put Dagwood back into his Moses-basket. "Do you think evil can be passed on?" She questioned.

"Betty." Jerome sighed as he carefully kneeled down to put Juniper into her own Moses-basket. "My great-grandfather has it." Betty continued, her eyes held sadness as they began to water up "My grandfather, my father, they were all...murderers, Jer."

"That's just circumstance." Jerome spoke calmly as Betty turned her head to stare at him, her face held seriousness as glared at him "is it?" She asked before placing her hand onto Junipers head of hair, stroking her thumb over it gently  "Or is it possible this baby will grow up to be a monster like my father. Or like me?"

Jerome frowned as he scooted closer to Betty, his hand moving slightly to cover hers that lay on the floor. "That baby is not evil and neither are you." Betty shook her head, pulling her hand away from Jerome's "what if it's my destiny? My birthright? Something I'll never be able to control or understand."

"Hey." Jerome said gently, raising his hand up to chin, gently moving her face to look at him, her eyes were closed tightly as tears fell down her cheeks "Look at me." He whispered, watching as she slowly let her eyes flutter open, sadness and fear glazing over them as she stared at her boyfriend. "I know you, you're a good person, Bets. You might have some darkness, just like Juliet, hell, even I have some, but you're not evil."

Betty's bottom lip trembled as a sob fell form her lips. "Do you believe that?" Jerome whispered, rubbing his thumb along her cheekbone gently "Do you believe me?" Betty nodded her head as she gazed into his green eyes, she had never felt so lucky to have a boyfriend like him, he believed in her, which made her believe in herself. Kinda.

"Yeah." She whispered as she leaned forward, placing her lips onto his, in another gesture of saying. 'Thanks for believing in me' even if she still doubted herself.
.
.
.
Laughter and chattering filled the sports hall of Riverdale High. Students and adults all gathered to vote for the Student Election on who would be student body president. Fred Andrews who was across the hall, shared a small smile with Hermione Lodge who was speaking with some other parents.

Juliet was all set on voting for Archie for this election, which is what she was currently doing, she would vote for him 100 times is she could, but that wouldn't be fare to Ethel who was also running for the election. The redhead lifted her head up to see Archie and Jughead talking to each other, her two boys, her best friend and her boyfriend.

"Julie-wooly." Someone said from behind her, mimicking a very bad but also freakishly good British accent. She turned around to see Jerome standing there, his red hair was messily done as bits fell down in front of his forehead, a small lopsided smile was placed onto his lips. "Are you also voting for the Ginger carrot over there?" He asked.