Chapter 55

~

~

Jughead cradled the lifeless redhead in his arms, his breathing coming out ragged in panic as he ran through the hospital doors. The serpents following close behind with Fangs, panic running
through their minds.

"My friends need help, they've been shot." Jughead exclaimed towards Receptionists who's head snapped up quickly, she immediately pressed the red button as doctors rounded the corner. "Get them on a gurney." They yelled before one of the Doctors rushed over to Jughead as they tried to take Juliet from his arms. Jughead didn't want to let her go, but he did, he let the man take her. Tears rolling down his cheeks, but he still tried to keep a brave  look on his face, for everyone.

They placed Juliet onto one of the gurneys and immediately started to check on her, one of the nurses pressed her fingers against Juliet's pulse and waited a few seconds before inhaling sharply "No pulse." She called out as the panic settled in, Doctors began to rush the redhead out of the room. Away from her family and more importantly the boy she loved.

Jughead stood there, watching as they took her away from him, the words the nurse called out still echoing through his mind. His Juliet was dead, would she come back to him? Or was it finally her time.

FP walked over to his son and pulled him into his embrace, feeling his son trembling with his tears, even FP felt his own tears start to fall down his cheeks. That girl was a fighter, he hoped to God that she would come back to them.
.
.
.
Time passed slowly throughout the overcrowded hospital, the riot had taken on a new level of crazy, people starting fires, breaking windows, cars,
Practically anything they could vandalize.  

In the silent room  of 126, Juliet Cooper was laying peaceful on the hospital bed, the faint sound of the daunting heart machine beeped slowly and steadily. After hours of trying, they finally got the redhead breathing once again, got her in and out of surgery before the young boy, Fangs Fogarty was to go under the knife. Unfortunately, they didn't know when Juliet would awake.

Her breathing came out slow and ragged, a breathing tube place in her nose. An IV was strapped into her arm as medication flowed into her system, one that would hopefully help her. Jughead had sat with her for two hours before he got a phone call from Archie, making him hesitantly leave his girlfriend behind as he went to meet the red-haired boy.

Juliet always knew that death followed her with every move and decision she made, accidents seem to always appear around her. But would she change that? No, of course she wouldn't. Facing death as many times as she had, only made her stronger, more fearless. Even though she got used the idea of death, thinking that she wouldn't be phased or scared when that time comes.

But she was wrong, facing death is different when it's actually happening
to you, memories of your past doesn't appear, it's the memories that could have happened: Like Juliet and Jughead getting married, having their own children, teaching them to write and draw. Those daunting thoughts made her feel weak in that moment, she didn't want to die, she didn't want to leave Jughead or her family.