Chapter 44

~

~

"You promised us a war, then you're on stage, sucking up to the Northside." Sweet Pea said, pointing at Jughead.

"We need those votes." Jughead responded "its the only way we can affect any change, whoever's elected gets on the school board, that means we're inside, they can't silence us."

"You and the Southside and Northside Princesses?" Fangs asked as he looked at Jughead and then to me and Betty, I raised my brow. "I'm a queen, Fangs, we've talked about this." I playfully glared at him.

"Wait, is this why you guys are pissed?" Jughead asked as he looked at Betty "Betty's on our side."

"Yeah." She nodded "I've helped the Serpents on numerous occasions, I helped find the Pickens statue's head. I got Cheryl to testify in court so, FP, your king, could get early parole—"

"You did all that for Juliet and Jughead, not the serpents." Sweet Pea looked at her before turning to look at Jughead.

"All right, take it down, Sweet Pea." Jughead said in annoyance.

"What?" Sweet Pea responded "Only a matter of time before she bails on us, just like her mother." He turned to look at Betty who looked annoyed.

"So your objections aren't about me, they're about my mom."

Sweet pea glared at her, I shrunk back from my place in the desk next to her, this is getting good "Her legacy. She's an enemy of the serpents state, taking shots at us in The Register. Blaming us for crimes we didn't commit. Running with a turncoat's daughter is a slap in the face, and for that reason alone, you're not getting the Serpent vote."

Betty only agreed to help us with the campaign, but all she has done is ruin our chance at winning, but it wasn't her fault, it was her moms.

I stood up and walked over to Sweet Pea "Alice may have left us, but Betty would never do that, she's a kind and loving person who stands by her family." I looked at Betty who was smiling at me before I looked back at Sweet Pea "And If you want our school being run by a Lodge, then so be it, but I've already lost one school to them, I won't lose this one too."

"But your a Lodge now, Juliet." Fangs spoke up.

"Jen found happiness with Stefan, but it doesn't mean I like the name, I didn't even have a choice about it, Alice let them adopt me." I went to walk out of the door before I paused and looked back at them "Plus a name doesn't define the person, it's the way you view them, so don't you guys even fucking dare treat me any different just because of my last name, I'm still the same old Juliet. So don't forget that." I stormed out of the room, annoyed and bloody hungry, I'm hangry.
.
.
.
.
"Cheryl's what?" I questioned, looking at Toni, my heart beating quickly.

"Do you remember how paranoid Cheryl was?" Toni asked, placing her hands on her hips. "Saying that her mom and uncle were out to get her?" I nodded my head, seeing Josie do the same next to me. "I think they did something to her."