Chapter 39

~

~

"Stefan." Hiram spoke as he opened the door, he smiled at Stefan as they shook each other's hands. "It's nice to see you again."

"You too." Stefan replied before he looked over at Jennifer "This is my wife, Jennifer." He then pointed at me, I was learning against the wall, out of Hiram's sight "This is her daughter or should I say our daughter, Juliet." I moved away and saw Hiram's eye widen as he saw me.

"It's lovely to meet you again, Juliet." He smiled "Veronica is her in room, why don't you go and say hello."

I nodded and moved past him into the house and towards Ronnie's room, this dress is totally taking away my normal look, Jennifer said as I am now a Lodge, I have to start dressing and acting the part. Bleh bleh bleh.

I knocked on her bedroom door "come in." She shouted from the other side, I opened it as her eyes widened "No." she gasped, standing up "Jennifer is the one that Uncle Stefan married, isn't she?"

I nodded my head "surprise, I guess we're cousins now." I smiled, that may be the only good thing about this, and Jen's happiness I guess. "I'm also officially a Lodge since Stefan and Jennifer took me to get my last name  changed from Cooper to Lodge and got Alice and Hal to sign adoption papers for me."

"You're officially apart of this family." Veronica spoke up quietly, I could see the sympathy in her eyes, she knew I was apart of the family business now, and nobody could change that. "Have you told Jug?"

I shook my head and sat down next to my now cousin. "I'm scared." I whispered "He hates your father, imagine how he will feel when I go up to him and say 'Hey I know how much you hate the Lodges now, but guess what? I'm a Lodge!' That will break him, he'll probably break up with me for good."

"Oh hun." Veronica frowned as she placed her arm over my shoulder "If he really loves you like he says he does, he will understand, Archie's still with me even after what's going on with my father."

"Maybe you're right." I muttered, leaning my head into her shoulder "I'll tell him after this dinner, maybe he'll understand what I'm going through."

Veronica and I walked, hand in hand, towards the dining room, Hermione and Jen were laughing as sat at the table as well as Stefan and Hiram who seemed to be in a heated conversation.

"Daddy." Veronica said, Hiram looked over at us and smiled, we both sat down at the table, I was sat next to Hermione who was at the end of the table opposite Hiram. Jennifer was in front of me and Stefan was next to her while Veronica was next to me.

Hermione placed he hand over mine and smiled "Welcome to the family." She said in a gentle voice, I knew there were two meanings between what she said, she was welcoming me into the business and the family.