Chapter 32

~

~

I clutched my bandaged hand around the umbrella handle, Jughead and I walked in silence, just listening to the rain dropping like bullets onto the umbrella.  

"What happened last night?" Jughead spoke up, I turned my head to look at him, my eyes widening slightly, what was Jughead talking about? He couldn't possibly know about the guy.

"What do you mean?" I spoke, moving my gaze towards the floor, clutching my free hand tightly against my palm, my nails digging into my palm over the bandage.

"You hung up the phone pretty fast" Jughead responded "I just thought you were mad at me or something."

"Oh. My god." I gasped, pulling him to stop walking. "I could never be mad at you." I lifted my hand up to his cheek, caressing it lightly. "You know I love you."

Jughead took the Umbrella from my hand to hold it as we stared to walk. "There was just a lot of drama when I got home last night." I continued to speak.

"Let me guess, Chic-centric?" Jughead asked, I bit my lip, how ironic was that, if only he knew.

"It'll be fine." I spoke, giving him a small fake smile "just typical Cooper house lunacy."
.
.
.
.
I was sat on a couch in the student lounge, Jughead and Betty sat on either said of me as Betty and I Listened to Veronica and Jughead talk.

"Veronica are you trying to manage me right now?" Jughead asked, anger lacing his voice.

"Define manage?" Veronica spoke back,  sometimes that girl annoys me, but everyone annoys me so I can't really put it against her.

"People will lose their homes." Jughead responded like she should understand how bad this is, i mean this is bad, Jennifer could lose her home, my second home.

"Jughead, why don't you come over with your dad and sit down with my dad, and hash this out like civilized humans, face to face?" Veronica asked.

I looked over at Betty, she look horrible, the bags under her eyes, the worried look I knew I also held on my face was noticeable on hers.

The events from last night were still evident in our minds, I knew that, every sound I heard would recall a memory of scrubbing blood from the floor. Betty also gets that, she told me.

"Okay." Jughead replied with a sigh "one condition. Your dad comes to Sunnyside trailer park. I want him to see the people that he's going to be displacing."

"Fine." Veronica said "and trust me no one is being displaced."

"My God." Kevin spoke as he walked into the room, a shocked look evident on his face "did you hear? My dad's scanner's blowing up. The police found another dead body." My heart started to race, I started to feel sick, he couldn't be talking about- no it couldn't be. "There's blood everywhere."