Chapter 49

~

~

Betty and Juliet ran after Alice, the redheads heart aching as they spotted her pacing by a bench. "Mom." Betty said as she and Juliet walked to stand in front of Alice. "I'm not going anywhere, okay."

"Neither am I." Juliet added, giving the woman a gentle smile.

"Everything is crumbling." Alice exclaimed as she struggled to take off the long black coat. "I've lost everyone, no, I haven't lost everyone. I've driven everyone away." Alice ranted as she sat down in-between Betty and Juliet.

Juliet placed her hand on Alice's shoulder for comfort, feeling the woman relax slightly at her touch. "I gave my son away when he was born and then I just did it again." She sobbed before turning to look at Juliet "but I also did the same thing to you, I let them take you from me."

Juliet felt a lone tear fall down her cheeks, all her life Juliet had been afraid of abandonment, afraid that people would leave her like Jen and Jeremy left her. Even now she's moved from parent to parent. It's never crossed her mind on why she let Jen take her away from Alice, as Jen was the one to give her away first. It was like she was blinded by the truth she didn't want to believe. The truth that Jennifer never cared about what happed to her, even now she's more invested in Stefan than her own daughter.

That alone made Juliet want to live with the Coopers again, to be a Cooper again. Juliet has had many last names: Blythe, Cooper, Lodge. Now all she wanted was to be the name she's most comfortable with: Juliet Cooper

"And your father and I aren't living together." Alice continued before Juliet could respond. "Because we're still fighting about something that happened years ago." Alice sobbed as she turned to look at Betty "And you and I have never been so frayed."

Betty frowned as she reached forward and embraced her mom, Juliet doing the same as they both hugged Alice as she sobbed quietly.

"Mom." Juliet croaked out, Alice lifted her head from Betty's shoulder as she heard the redhead call her the name she hasn't heard her say for a few months. "I want to come back home, I-I miss you guys, I miss being a Cooper, I just miss everything."

"Oh, sweetie." Alice sobbed as she pulled the redhead into a hug while Betty frowned in sadness at the sight of her best friend and mom crying. Betty wanted nothing more than to have Juliet living with them again, to be sisters again.

"Maybe I can speak to Jen?" Betty spoke up "I'm pretty good at persuading people."

Juliet laughed weakly "It's fine, Betty, I'll ask." She spoke up, reaching out to take Betty's hand "But can you come with me, for emotional support?"