Chapter 28

~

~

"So, how long do you plan on staying with us, Chic?" Hal asked from his place at the end of the table, While I sat facing Betty, a slight frown spread across my face from his words.

"For as long as he wants." Alice replied, not hesitating on the words she chose to speak.

"I'm just trying to plan my life, Alice." Hal sighed "And since we're not getting any answers about anything–"

"What would you like to know, Hal?" Chic spoke up, Turing his head to look at Hal.

"For starters." Hal started "Juliet and Betty brought you here all bloody, why? What happened?" He asked, keeping his gaze on the blonde haired boy.

"Dad." Betty spoke up, giving Hal a certain look.

"You really don't have to answer his questions, Chic." I smiled warmly while I played with the food on my plate, not really feeling hungry.

Chic gave a little laugh "The person who attacked me, his name's, Marcel." He turned to look at Hal "He runs the hostel. Sometimes he books clients for us, the night you both showed up." He looked between Betty and I "I wasn't in the mood to work, Marcel was trying to convince me otherwise."

"So, what kind of clients?" Hal spoke up, clearly not impressed at all.

"Hal." Alice warned, sending him a glare.

"No." Betty spoke up, Turing her body to face, Chic "I wanna know, too."

I just stayed quiet, not really wanting to know but I was also quiet curious on the whole matter as well, Chic seemed to only talk to me most of the time, but he never once told me about what he did.

"Betty." Alice spoke in slight shock.

"All kinds." Chic spoke up "Ranging from nice to, hell, even nastier than Marcel." He paused for a second "I, uh, can go into specifics if you like. I've also got a good collection of scars I could show you."

"I have scars, too." Betty spoke "so does, Juliet."

Chic turned to look at me, I nodded my head at her statement "Crescent moons on our palms." I spoke up, subconsciously running my fingers over my scars.

"From digging your nails in?" Chic asked, a slight smile on his face.

"Yeah." Betty spoke for me, her blonde hair swished to the side as she turned to face him.

"Yeah, I used to do that, too." Chic confessed, i gave him a little smile, watching as he gave me one back.

"Syrup?" Alice asked, holding the syrup in her hand, Chic took it off her and placed it over his food.
.
.
.
"Hey." I spoke up, tying the white and red flannel around my waist, Toni smiled and shut her locker door.