Chapter 23

Know how there are some towns where bad things always seem to happen? Well, Riverdale has become one of those towns

Know how there are some towns where bad things always seem to happen? Well, Riverdale has become one of those towns. The most recent horror? the schools janitor turned out the be a serial killer. But we were putting him away along with our Christmas decorations. Now we were back to your typical small-town intrigues, Clandestine meetings behind closed doors and the like. Yes, by and large, it was business as usual in Riverdale.
.
.
A big smile spread across my face, the dimmed lights in the room didn't seem to take the brightness of it away. The ring glistened on my ring finger, while a very girly squeal escaped my throat.

I still can't believe Jughead gave me a promise ring, it was so surreal, when I was younger I always dreamed about my knight in shining armor coming for me, falling in love and getting married while the fairytale life commenced.

Instead I got the dark prince to take my heart, but I wasn't complaining, he was the boy I love, everything I need and hoped for.

"I Still can't believe it." Jennifer spoke as she leaned on the wall, a smile gracing her face as I turned to look at her.

"Believe what?" I questioned, leaning back against the counter, giving my full attention to the woman at the door.

"My little girl has a ring on her finger." She spoke, before shaking her head slightly "now, I do have something to tell you." Jennifer said as she gestured for me to follow her.

"Tell me what?" I questioned walking after her, she walked into the kitchen and picked up a mug, handing it to me as we both sat at the table, she gave a soft sigh before she spoke "mayor McCoy has decided to shut down Southside high."

"What!" I shouted, almost spilling my tea all over the place "she can't do that!"

"She can and she did." Jen spoke, bringing her coffee up to her lips "You and the others will be going to Riverdale high, you'll be with your friends again and Jerome will be back soon."

"I know that, it's just.." I paused, playing with the sleeves of my leather jacket "I just feel like I don't belong in Preppy Riverdale high anymore."

"I know." Jennifer sighed "but just give it a try." I groaned, making her laugh slightly.

"Fine, But not because you asked." I smiled, standing up to place my mug into the sink.

A knock sounded at the door making Jen get up and answer it "Future son-in-law, your future wife is in the kitchen." I heard her say making me snort in amusement.
.
.
.
Jughead, Toni and I were sitting on the steps, outside of Southside high, I knew Jughead didn't know about the change of schools, not many people did really.

"Wow, Jones, props to you it's very Lovecraftian." Toni spoke, holding a piece of jughead's writing in her hands. "Which I'm sure was the intention, but did you write this on a typewriter?"

"I-I." Jughead stuttered "yeah, I wanted to get into Lovecraft's headspace." I laughed slightly while squeezing jughead's hand, leaning my head on his shoulder.