Chapter 42

~

~

I crossed my arms as I stood by Archie and Betty while we watched Veronica who was currently standing behind the kissing booth she was using for her campaign, kiss a boy on the cheek. "There you go." She smiled at him as she handed him a cake "Now, remember, vote Lodge-Cooper."

I looked over and saw Reggie scoff as he watched what Veronica was doing, Ronnie clapped her hands "Okay, who's next." She asked while a boy walked over to her. "The cupcakes are from Magnolia Bakery in New York, but the kisses, however, are locally sourced." She leaned forward.

Archie and I shared a look as we smiled, we were finally becoming close friends again, it made me happy to have my bestie back.

"Uh, five minute hydration break." Veronica suddenly spoke up, I turned to look at her, before looking forward again to see Ethel standing there.

"She better not make things worse." I muttered as Ronnie ran over to Ethel "I already got a smoothie thrown over me once."

"She won't." Betty smiled as she placed her hand on my shoulder "She's trying to make everything better."

"You better be right about that, Bets." I smiled over at the blonde girl, I felt Archie place his arm over my shoulder and rub my arm as I leaned my head on his shoulder, sighing as we watched Ronnie talk to Ethel.
.
.
.
"This isn't a demolition notice." Jughead started as he held up a piece of paper "It's a notice of extermination." Toni and I looked at each other, Jughead had gathered all the Serpents up to talk to us. He screwed up the piece of paper as I crossed my arms.

"We've already said our goodbyes to the Southside." Toni spoke up, looking away from me and towards Jughead, he didn't look very pleased at her reply as he furrowed his brows. 

"Today, it's Southside High, tomorrow, it's the Wyrm." He started to explain "Everything that makes the Southside home." He paused for effect, before looking at as all "Is gonna disappear, if we roll over now, it's all over."

"It's just a building, Jug." Toni stated.

"I'm sorry, Toni." I spoke up, turning in the desk to face her "It's not just a building, it's the soul of the Southside, plus it's where I met all of you, my family."

The serpents smiled as Toni nodded slightly, reaching over to take my hand and squeeze it gently. "Julie's right." Jughead spoke up again "Priceless memories were made there, plus the Uktena fought and died trying to protect that land, our parents fought to keep it safe during the riots."

He stood up, still looking at us all "Now It's our turn." He stated, I smiled at him, he's making a statement "It's our time, this is our fight, so, who's with me?" He asked. "Who's ready to go to war?"