Chapter 30

"I told you, Alice

"I told you, Alice." Hal started, Betty and Alice were stood next to each other while I leaned against the stair case. "Either Chic goes for I go."

"Chic isn't hurting anyone." Alice started "And he just got a job, where was it, Betty?"

"At the Bijou." Betty spoke as she crossed her arms.

"At the Bijou." Alice spoke, looking at Hal "And he's offered to pay rent."

"what's your beef with him, dad?" I asked, crossing my arms while Hal tuned to look at me.

"He's a stranger, that's my beef, Juliet." Hal spoke, trying to state a point.

"So, make an effort. Get to know him." Alice responded.

"Yeah, please, dad, can you just try?" Betty spoke up, trying to chance his mind.

"Why don't you call me when he's gone." Hal spoke as he picked up his duffel bag "in the mean time I'll be at shareBNB by the register."

"Fine, Hal, do what you want." Alice waved him off as she turned to walk away, leaving Betty and I to watch Hal walk out the door, but not before taking a glance at the both of us.

The door slammed, a sigh left my lips as I pushed myself off the wall, Turing to walk towards Betty and place my arm over her shoulder. "Don't worry about, Dad, he's just going through a phase of change." I paused slightly "you know he hates change."

"I know." Betty spoke, Turing to look at me "I need to tell you something." She said, grabbing onto my hand as she pulled me up the stairs, towards her room.

"What is it?" I spoke, moving to sit on her bed, Betty sat next to me and sighed.

"You know how Chic is a webcam boy?" She asked, I nodded my head and gave her a questioning look.

"Yeah..." I spoke, trying to understand what she was getting at.

"He told me how he did it, taught me what to do." She paused "I may or may not have tried it out."

"Betty." I gasped softly, watching as her eyes watered up slightly. "It's okay, I'm not mad at you, just shocked. Why did you do it?"

"I wanted to see what it was like." She spoke softly "the darkness inside of me, the same thing that lingers within you. I needed to let it out and doing that helps me."

"I understand, Betty." I smiled warmly "I really do."
.
.
.
I was holding onto Jughead's hand, sitting on a pew at the church, waiting for Veronica.

'Cause it's a bittersweet, symphony this life.'

Josie started to sing a beautiful song, I turned to look at Betty, giving her a bright smile.

'Trying to make ends meet, you're a slave to the money, then you die'

I turned around to see Veronica walking up, wearing the most beautiful dress I have ever seen, a proud smile spread across my face.