Chapter 56

~

~

Emotions ran through the four individuals who stood starring at the daunting gravestone. 'Forsythe Pendleton Jones III.' Was embedded into the old stone. Juliet broke away from Veronica, Betty and Archie, her hands clutching onto her late-boyfriends signature crown beanie as she walked over to his grave, crouching down to softly run her fingers over the words.

"Come back to me, Jug." She softly whispered, tears leaking from her eyes like a streaming waterfall . "We're not done yet. You hear me?" She questioned, her voice held the sadness only she could muster, her eyes gazing  over her boyfriend's name, trying to envision Jughead actually hearing her sorrowful words.

"Our story's not over. It's just the beginning. So you come back to me."
.
.
.
Juliet paced around in her hospital room, her hands messily running through her hair, trying to detangle the Knots that were embedded into it. Betty was currently getting her discharged from the hospital after Juliet begged her for almost twenty minutes.

Juliet's mind was crawling with emotions, she knew Fangs was okay, she had already checked on the boy a few hours prior. Betty had told her about Hal and how she had been right about him being the Black Hood. Juliet had to restrain herself from seething with anger for the man, but kept herself calm for Jughead, who she hoped was okay.

"Juliet." A new voice spoke up from the doorway, Juliet spun around quickly, almost knocking herself dizzy from the sudden impact of her spin. FP was stood there, his eyes teary, a small smile plastered onto his face. "Jughead's awake."

Those two words made Juliet sprint past the man, her feet only set on one destination, her boyfriend. That thought alone made the girl push herself to run faster, ignoring the pain blossoming in her side from running too fast.

Juliets feet slid across the floor as she immediately reached towards the door handle and opened the door, her teary eyes searching around until they landed on Jughead, his face held cuts and bruises here and there, a small smile tugging at the corner of his bloodied lips. But in Juliet's eyes, he couldn't have looked more better. He was alive.

"Juggy." Juliet whispered as she closed the door behind her, her boots clicking against the floor as she walked over to the hospital bed. Jughead smiled and held his arms out for her to join him on the bed. She climbed on and laid her head down onto his chest, closing her eyes as she listened to his heart while it thumbed quietly, calming her down from the negative emotions she felt.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you." Jughead whispered after a few peaceful moments of silence "I'm sorry I wasn't there when you woke up."