Chapter 53

~

~

Juliet sat across from Betty, typing away at the laptop in front of her as she searched for images that would look good with whatever article was being produced by Hal and Alice.

"Sure you don't wanna take a break and join us for dinner?" Alice asked as she began to get ready to leave, Hal doing the same as Betty also got up and closed her laptop and grabbed her coat.

"I'm not really hungry at the moment." Juliet smiled as she looked at the older woman "But can you get me a tomato bisque for later?"

"I'll make sure she does." Betty smiled warmly.

"And maybe an Orange Freeze?" Hal suggested as he leaned over and kissed the top of Juliet's head.

"Sounds good, Dad." Juliet smiled as she watched them all leave, a small smirk appearing at the corner of her lips as she stood up and ran over to Hal's desk, grabbing the clip from her hair and began to pick-lock the draw that was locked.

Juliet heard the familiar click of the draw opening as she chuckled "Bingo bitch." She opened the draw and immediately grabbed his planner.

A while later, Juliet had photocopied all of the pages out of the planner before placing everything back, making it look like nothing ever happened.

"I got into Hal's planner and cross-referenced the dates." Juliet began to say as Cheryl sat facing her, the redhead only showing up a few minutes ago. "Of every Black Hood attack with his schedule, and they all line up. Okay, worked late the night Midge and Moose were attacked. Early meeting the morning Fred was shot. Business trip the night Miss Grundy was killed."

"Business trip to Greendale no doubt." Cheryl nodded her head "This isn't proof, but this is corroboration."

The phone next to Juliet began to ring, making the two redheads eye widen as they wondered who it could be. "I swear to god if this is the Black Hood, I'll scream." Juliet muttered as she reached over and grasped the phone in her hand and pressed it again her ear. "Register." She answered.

"Mrs. Cooper, this is Dr. Curdle from the coroner's office." A man spoke from the opposite end. Juliet's eyebrows raised slightly as she leaned back in the chair. "How can I help you?" She asked, making her voice more like Alice's.

"I have a warm corpse for you." He replied "unidentified male, mid-20s.  His body turned up off the highway, just outside of town. Mutilated."

Juliet froze as she thought back to Chic, this couldn't be him right? Maybe it was, She did basically give Chic away to the Black Hood, she helped him get or even possibly murder Chic. "Mrs. Cooper, are you there?" Dr. Curdle asked, breaking Juliet from her haunting thoughts.

"Yes." Juliet cleared her throat "I'll come by to see it. Thank you, Dr. Curdle."

"As always, small bills are preferable." He said before hanging up, Juliet placed the phone back and sighed loudly. "We have to go to the morgue."