8 ~ Month Four: December

"Elle?" I call out as I enter the apartment after school.

"Hello." A deep voice replies, my head instantly shooting up as an unfamiliar man walks into the room, smiling. I, understandably, scream.

"Who the fuck are you?" I grab the lamp from the table behind me.

"Anna relax. This is Patrick. My new boyfriend." Elle calls out as she appears behind him. I look over him, probably mid-twenties, messy brown hair that's tucked under a snapback cap, baggy sweatpants and a gold chain around his neck. He smirks, eyeing me up and down and I struggle at hiding my distaste.

"Boyfriend?" I echo and Elle wraps her arm around him, smiling at me.

"Yes Anna! I met him at a club."

"A club?" I mindlessly repeat what she says as I look between them.

"Yes Ann, for God's sake!" She snaps and I whip my head back to face her. What? Since when were my sister and I at odds?

"Sorry... I didn't know."

"I was going to tell you when the time was right." She smiles, leaning into him and gazing into his eyes like a lovesick puppy. A puppy? My sister has never looked at anyone like she's dependent on him to survive before.

Stop. This is ridiculous.

"When the time was right?" I echo again, desperately trying to process the words.

"Stop repeating everything." She snaps, letting go of Patrick and walking towards me.

"Sorry, I'm just trying to understand."

"There's nothing to understand." She grimaces, gesturing behind her. "Patrick is my boyfriend." She repeats, "End of discussion."

"Okay." I reply, looking over towards the dirty man, "Lovely to meet you." I manage and he grins as Elle snuggles in to his side once more.

"You too!"

"Excuse me." I say lowly, quickly turning away and walking to my room. What the hell? Elle always tells me if she's seeing someone new, we've always shared this stuff with each other. We always laugh over her crap first dates, her shit second dates and she always asks me what she should wear and how she should do her hair when she goes out.

Or at least she used to...

When did she even meet him? As far as I'm aware she hasn't been to a club in months and he literally looks like he rolled in from the streets. He better not be staying long, something about him gives me the creeps.

I groan, throwing my bag in the corner of the room and jumping onto my bed, burying my face in the pillow as I hear the happy couple laugh with each other from the kitchen.

I'm glad someone's happy.

*~*~*

"You finished Anna?" Jade calls as I make my way back to the dressing rooms.

"Yeah, been working since four! Good luck out there!" I reply and she winks at me, throwing her platinum blonde locks behind her.

"I don't need luck!" She grins, whipping off her robe, leaving her in skimpy red lingerie, before strutting off towards the stage. I hear the cheers of the men and shiver, glad I'm not dancing like Jade does. I'm glad she enjoys it.

I take off the revealing navy dress and pull on my sweatshirt, jumping at the sudden clatter of someone entering, hurriedly pulling my top down as I turn to face the intruder. Great. The boss.

"Eric, this is a ladies changing room!" I hiss, grabbing my jeans and holding them in front of me.

"It's my club. I'll go where I want." Eric snaps back and I bite my tongue, "A man dropped this off for you." He hands me an envelope before leaving as quickly as he appeared. Looking down at my handwritten name I grimace, feeling anxiety rise within me. What kind of a person delivers a letter in a club? And who would deliver anything to me?