105 ~ May

Suddenly the ball of flame behind him lets out a hiss and I widen my eyes, George beginning to turn towards it as the car finally explodes. Screaming, I curl in on myself as the deafening roar sounds through the night, a bright light pouring through my shut eyes, a wall of heat surrounding me as I shake with fear.

As the sound finally quietens I quickly unravel, shrapnel filling the air, Brett's car not even resembling the gorgeous vehicle that it used to be. George lays on the ground at the side of the road, his eyes flickering slightly.

He's down. Now's the time to get out of here Savannah!

Without another thought I turn, attempting to scramble to my feet. It's a struggle, my body still reeling from the accident, my head still swirling with blurred images. Stumbling straight into the woodland, I force myself into a run as adrenaline takes over, my heart beating faster than I ever thought was possible, the trees tearing at my clothes.

George is going to come after me, he'll be chasing through these woods as soon as he's back on his feet, and I'm not hanging around for him to catch me.

After a few minutes I leave the protection of the trees, running instead into a clearing. Glancing around in panic, I am relieved to realize that I'm in the park by Brett's house, the same park that I walked through only a week ago with my sister.

I know where I am.

The question is, where do I go? Going back to Brett will put him in danger, I can't tell him what I know or his Father will target him. Do I run? Take myself and our baby far away to keep us all safe?

I take a few steps towards the opposite end of the park, away from Brett's house before I falter.

George is going to expect me to return to Brett. That's the first place he's going to look now that I've run. Brett isn't safe, even if I do leave.

Turning back the other way I sprint as though my life depends on it, terror overtaking the pain and suffering that my body is feeling. Brett's life is in danger, and I don't know if I can save us.

It takes me less than five minutes before I am throwing myself up the familiar driveway, relief flooding through me at the sight of the lights inside the house. Grabbing onto the door I shove it open, falling onto the floor and quickly slamming it shut behind me.

"Brett!" I scream, stumbling back onto my feet as I run into the living room, eyes wide as I search, "Brett!"

"Sav?" Brett comes running out of his office, panic in his voice, "What's wro...?" His words trail off at the sight of me and before I can blink he's right in front of me, clutching my arms, "What the hell happened? Who did this to you?" He orders, rage filling his eyes. I can only imagine how I look, bruised and battered face, bleeding hands, torn clothing.

I only left to get some frosting and chocolate. Oh, the whipped cream would have been so good...

"Your..." I try, choking slightly as I falter, his arms holding me up.

"Sav?"

"Your Dad." I spit out.

"My Dad?" His eyebrows furrow as I look up at him.

"He tried to kill me!"

"What?" Brett exclaims, eyes widening in confusion.

"He said that your Mom killed my parents!" I blurt, "I lost control of the car, it turned itself off and he said it was him who immobilized it!" I cry, "Is that even possible?"

"If you know the right people and have enough money." Brett retorts, his jaw clenched as his grip on me tightens, "Are you sure he wasn't just..."

"Brett!" I cut him off, grabbing onto his white shirt with my bloody hands, "He blackmailed Georgia into spiking and seducing you! He staged the armed robbery at the diner!"