9 ~ December

"I have better things to be doing." I grumble, trailing behind Becky, Zara and Georgia as we approach the mansion.

"We know. You've told us ten times." Georgia responds.

"And yet I'm still here." I retort, Becky shooting me an amused smile.

"It's the biggest party of the year Sav!" Georgia lectures, "I wasn't about to let you miss it."

"Clearly." I mutter under my breath.

The girls are all dressed up for the event, Becky's mini skirt barely covering her, Georgia's pink dress dipping low at the front. I was seriously under dressed in my black cami and jeans but I didn't care.  Becky had insisted I at least wear my hair down, and thrown a pair of black heeled boots my way.  That was the grand extent of my effort for this party.

Brett Winters' 18th.

The so called party of the century, one that if I missed it then I would become an outcast.

"Can we at least leave early?" I groan and Zara shakes her head.

"We'll be here until the end." She smiles wickedly and I roll my eyes, walking up the driveway. I will not be here until the end.

Teenagers have already spilled out onto the grass in front of the house, the music thumping loudly as we walk up the steps, carefully avoiding the glass that covers the floor. As soon as we enter Zara's mouth understandably drops open in awe.

"I knew they were rich but..."

"Unbelievable isn't it?" I reply, nodding as I take in the familiar entrance way. She shoots me a quizzical stare and I immediately shrug, folding my arms across my chest and glancing with distaste at the drunk teenagers that litter the room.

In the heat of the moment I forgot that no-one but Becky knows I've been here before. A fact I'd definitely like to keep to myself.

"I need a drink." I mutter, changing the subject.

"Yes girl!" Georgia exclaims, linking arms with me and dragging me forward, "Drinks?" She asks someone, instantly pointing in the direction of the kitchen, all of us then continuing towards the back of the house, immediately spotting the alcohol as soon as we enter, "Perfect!" Georgia grabs a glass from the side, filling it with punch and passing it straight to me.

I can practically smell the cheap alcohol from here, wrinkling my nose at the look of the bright red liquid.

"Just don't drink it too fast." Becky lectures, nudging my shoulder before downing the contents of her cup.

"Becky!" Zara squeals, eyes wide as I shake my head, giggling at how innocent and inexperienced we are.

"What?" Becky smiles proudly and I grin, taking a sip of the punch. It's a pleasant tropical flavor, but I don't miss the burn of alcohol that instantly hits my throat. I kind of like it.

"It's you!" A voice calls from behind and I spin around, rolling my eyes at the sight of Ellis, "Diner Girl!" He exclaims, holding his arms out towards me.

"I have a name."

"Diner Girl is so easy to remember." He complains as I take another drink.