74 ~ Month Twenty Four: October

"Alright, are ya still okay with holdin' the party here?" Polly asks, a cautious look on her face.

"It's a bit late now." Louise smirks, the beer sodden college guys chanting around us.

"Yep." Elena agrees.

"Sav?" Polly pleads with her eyes.

"It's fine." I assure her, "But we aren't making a habit out of this, okay?"

"Sure gal!" Polly grins before handing me a cup of punch. "I made y'all a lime and coconut flavored punch." She swiftly passes some to the other two. "Enjoy!" She finishes before turning and disappearing into the depths of our house.

"Alright." Louise grimaces at the liquid, "I'm gonna go find somewhere where I can drink this, and then throw it up without having to pay for any damages." She shrugs before sloping off.

"Well done for submitting that paper." Elena grins at me.

"Thanks." I reply, "I would have settled for a quick celebratory Chinese, but Polly wanted to celebrate in a more elaborate way."

"I wouldn't expect anything less." Elena giggles before a few of the guys join us, Pete wrapping his arm around Elena's waist as Liam downs a shot and we soon descend into easy conversation with them, laughing and joking about college life, Elena's inability to whistle and Liam's awkward experience with a girl and her sister the previous weekend.

Finally I spot the one man I've been waiting for walk through the doorway, his eyes quickly scanning the room before resting on me.

"Brett!" I exclaim happily, already tipsy as I skip over and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Hey baby." He grins, wrapping an arm around my waist before taking the beer that Liam is handing him.

"You're late!" I pout and he smirks at my expression.

"I'm sorry!" He mutters, "I'll make it up to you later." He nudges my shoulder and I blush slightly as Liam laughs, quickly excusing himself.

"I'll hold you to that." I grin.

"Good." Brett smirks before lowering his lips to my ear, "It's been far too long since I had your legs wrapped around me."

"Brett!" I squeal slightly, gently slapping him on his chest as my cheeks redden once more, never getting used to any kind of dirty suggestion that falls from his mouth. "How was work?"

"Long." He grimaces. "I can't wait for this deal to be finalized."

"Me neither." I smile in agreement, anxious to have my boyfriend's time back, "I need another drink." I announce and Brett quickly slings his own cup back, downing the contents.

"Me too." He agrees as I begin to lead him over to the kitchen.

*~*~*

Brett laughs at Elena and I as we attempt to dance together in the middle of the living room an hour later, none of the boys willing to make fools out of themselves, no matter how much drink we ply down their throats.

"Looking good Elena!" Pete calls out and she flips him off, causing the other lads to holler.

"Boys are so stupid!" Elena giggles and I nod in agreement as Polly struts over, her eyes wide.

"Have y'all seen Liam?" She asks.

"Liam?"

"We was in ma' bed making out and then he ran off!"

"Did you scare him?" Elena accuses, crossing her arms.

"Hold on!" I giggle, "Liam? As in Brett's quiet friend, Liam?"