Chapter 3

Shawn's POV:
„Thank you for joining us in this interview. It was nice to meet you and we wish you good luck for your upcoming tour." the Interviewerin says, finally ending this horribly boring hour. They ask the same questions all the time. There's never anything new but I can't change it.

"Yeah, I'm sure it was." I say, shaking her hand before heading towards my dressing room. I had a performance in Toronto tonight. Therefore I'm home for two days. „Shawn." I hear Andrew call me. „What?" I ask annoyed. I already know what he wants to say.

"You can't be so unfriendly Shawn! Almost every magazine is talking about you." „I don't see the problem. You told me it's good to be in the media." I say, sitting down onto the couch. „Not when you are only in the media for bad things. You have to learn to be respectful or else your career will end before it even started." He says, angrily. „My fans love me. Especially the girls." I say, smirking.

"You are unbelievable. I want you to do something good and useful for once. Got it?" Andrew asks, leaving the room. „I'm making an album. I think that is useful." I shout after him. It's almost 8pm. I'll go for a drink. I grab my phone and head towards the exit. „Where are you going?" Andrew asks, noticing me slipping my jacket on.

"Out." I state, opening the door. „Don't do anything stupid again. If you can remember we still have a problem because of you going out last time." he warns but I'm already out the door. He shouldn't make such a drama out of it. My fans wouldn't care if they know. I mean they follow me everywhere. Fortunately it's dark outside and there are no people outside, so no one notices me.

I walk towards a bar down the street and sit down at the counter. I could call someone but I'm not in the mood to talk right now. „A beer please." I say to the barkeeper and shortly after I receive it. I see a girl staring at me from across the bar. Maybe my age and she's pretty hot. Too bad that I'm already late for the studio.

Andrew is going to kill me if I come even later. After the drink I'm in a good enough mood to face Andrew again. So I pay and make my way towards the studio.

I shove my hands into my pockets, inhaling the cold night air. As I come to a bridge I see someone leaning over the railing. A small figure with long hair. I pinch my eyes to see what this girl is doing.

She hesitates but then climbs on top of the metal and then on the concrete behind it. Wait. Does she want to jump? I walk faster stopping some meters in front of her. „Hey! What are you doing?" I ask. Shocked she turns around, staring at me for a while before looking down again. „It's not your business." she says, almost not audible. Probably some heart break drama but that's no reason to overreact.

"True." I say, leaning against the railing some steps away from her. She sighs, running a hand trough her hair. „What do you want?" She snaps, looking at me. I pull out a cigarette, before lightning it. „Nothing, I just thought I would accompany you till you jump." I say, putting it into my mouth.

I could see the confusion wash over her face as she eyes me up and down.
„Sorry to disappoint you but I don't know you so I don't really care what you are going to do but let me tell you he's not worth it." I say, looking straight forward.

„I have more than one reason." she mutters, angrily. I nod, blowing the smoke out of my mouth. „Well, then have fun." I say, starting to walk again. I could feel her gaze on me but what does she expect?

That I'm trying my best to safe her? Why would I? I hear a thud on the floor, making me turn around. I see how she holds herself up with one hand and she presses the other to her chest, panting. What's wrong now? Sighing I walk over to her. „What now?" I ask. „Why are you such an asshole?" she asks, coughing.

I was about to snap back as she suddenly ducks down, gasping for air. „What's wrong?" I question, kneeling next to her. „I f-forgot to t-take my medicine." She stutters, squeezing her eyes shut. „Should I call the ambulance? Or don't you want to die anyways?" I ask, pulling my phone out. „L-leave me a-alone." she grumbles, coughing. „I'm calling anyways." I say, dialing the number.

As they arrive the a man and a woman quickly carry her inside the ambulance and ask me a fee questions. I was about to walk away as I see paparazzi standing on the end of the bridge.
There you go Andrew. I did something good.

I head towards the studio arriving there about half an hour later. „You should have been here an hour ago." He says, as I walk in. „I just saved a life. I'm allowed to come late." I reply, sitting on the couch besides Mike.
„Really?" „Yeah and the paparazzi saw it. Great right?" I smile.

"Mhm." Andrew mumbles, eyeing me skeptically. We start to work on the album and about three hours later we are taking a break. „Shawn, you are on TV." Geoff states, waving me over. „Shawn Mendes was seen saving a girl today on a bridge in his home town....A Popstar and a hero." the moderator says showing pictures. 

"Now you can believe me." I say, looking over to Andrew. „You helped someone wow." Geoff laughs nudging my side.
I look over to Andrew who seems to be deep in thoughts as suddenly his eyes light up. „I have the perfect idea." He points out, standing up. I raise my eyebrow waiting for him to speak.
„This girl...is going to come on tour with us and you are going to be together with her.

The media will love it. That would be a perfect love story." Andrew adds. „Definitely not." I say. „Don't even start. You know that there are too many bad things from you out there but this will distract everyone. I'm going to find her." He says, walking out of the room. „I'm not going to have a relationship with that depressed girl." I call after him but he ignores me.

"Depressed?" Mike asks, confused. "She was about to jump from the bridge as I came there." I shrug, pulling my phone out. "Shawn, it isn't a bad idea. It will just be a fake relationship and maybe we can help her too." Geoff tells me. „Forget it. Grace won't like it."