Chapter 25

Rose's POV:
„Nathan." I whisper, attempting to reach over to him. His face covered in painful looking cuts and bruises. Just like his arms. Blood dripping from his cracked lip and also from his forehead and nose. I whimper as I feel a sharp pain in my back from just moving my hand.

"Please wake up." I sob, tears flowing down my cheeks as I try desperately to get out of the wracked car but my legs are trapped. „Rose." I hear him croak out, making me look back to him. His eyes barely open as he reaches for my hand. „Get out of here. I love you Rosie." he manages to say before his eyes shut again.

„Nathan? No no no. Please open your eyes." I cry, panic overtakes the numb feeling of my body. „Wake up. Rose! Wake up." I hear faintly but I can't make out who it is. „Come on. Rose! Open your eyes!" I hear again, followed by a pressure on my arms. What's going on? I try to move and kick my legs but they are still trapped. „Rose. God damn wake up!" I hear.

A feeling of someone shaking me rather harshly pulls me back into reality. I gasp, breathing heavily as I grab onto the shirt of the person in front of me. My sight is still blurry from my tears but I recognize the voice. Shawn. „Rose? It was just a dream. It's okey." he says softly, stroking the hair out of my sticky feeling face.

I wipe away the light layer of cold sweat before blinking to get a clear sight. My eyes meet his hazel ones, his brows furrowed in confusion. Another hot tear falls down my  redish cheek but Shawn lifts his hand and wipes it away. Unintentionally I wrap my arms around his torso, burying my head into his warm chest.

I don't care at all that I'm hugging Shawn at the moment. I'm just glad that I'm not trapped under that car anymore. Again it felt so real. I should be used to these nightmares by now but I just can't wrap my head around the fact that it is just a dream.

All I see is my family's blood, my dead parents and my bruised brother all over again. Sobbing quietly I press my face into his shirt. To my surprise Shawn doesn't push me back, instead he says nothing, hugging me closer.

My breath slowly gets back to normal due the soothing feeling of Shawn's hand rubbing my back. His slender fingers drawing shapes and patterns on my t-shirt covered skin. I close my eyes, taking in his ravishing scent, which, weirdly, makes me feel safe.

I can't help but recreate the scene in my head. Nathan's words and his voice are like burnt into my mind since that day. I can hear him say my name clearly, like he's the one who's holding me right now.

Just like Carter he always teased me with that nickname but I would do everything to hear that again. I'm glad that Shawn didn't say anything yet. I don't wanna talk, I just don't want to be alone right now. My mind goes back to yesterday.

After awkwardly watching a movie and eating our food, we all went to our room and I was so tired that I immediately fell asleep. During the film we didn't talk a word anymore. Like not a single word. Aaliyah probably didn't know how to handle the situation and Shawn was just being Shawn.

I was kinda sad because Aaliyah is such a sweet girl but I don't think his mom and she are staying for long anyways. „Rose." Shawn says, after a while of silence. „Hm?" I mumble. I was almost falling asleep again... couldn't he just say nothing?

"Do you want to talk about your dream? You were screaming, crying and kicking. I shook you for like two minutes but you didn't wake up. It looked horrifying." Shawn says, grabbing my shoulders as he pulled back to look at me. I sniffle, rubbing the back of my hands over my tears stained cheeks.

"No..." I murmur, fiddling with the hem of my oversized shirt. He takes my hands in his, making them look so small compared to his big warm hands. A small smile tugs at the corner of my lips and I don't even know why. „What?" Shawn asks, chuckling unsurely.

"What what?" „One minute ago you were crying and now you are smiling." Shawn states, a puzzled expression on his face.

The way his eyebrows scrunch together, making cute wrinkles appear between them and the way his lips press together are just so funny. I shrug, admiring his veiny hands. I don't know what's wrong with me right now but oh well... „Your hands are big." I say, placing my palm on his to see how much is missing till it would be as big as his.

A deep laugh escapes his lips as he shakes his head watching me amused. „You are honestly so weird Rose." he chuckles. His laugh... god. It sounds like heaven. Why did I never notice that before. Oh right... actually we never laughed together. „Better weird than an asshole." I smirk, examining the silver ring on his finger.

„Hm. True." Shawn says, a light grin creeping onto his face. „Does it have a meaning? You are wearing the ring all the time." I ask. „Well, yes and no. My grandfather gave the ring to me and since that I'm wearing it." Shawn shrugs. „Cool."

I whisper, not knowing what to say anymore. I slip my hands from his but he grabs them again. „Is something?" I question, looking up to him.

„Your hands are cold." „But it's so hot in here." I sigh, unwrapping my legs from the sheets. „Actually not really. Are you feeling well?" Shawn frowns, watching as I stand up. „Yeah-." I start to say but as I stand up I suddenly see blurry and I feel like throwing up.

I stumble but Shawn catches me, laying me back into the bed. „You are definitely sick." He says, placing a hand on my forehead. „You are hot." „I know. Thanks." I say, causing him to let out an adorable laugh again.

"You know what I meant. How are you feeling?" „To be honest. Not really good." I mumble, rubbing my eyes. „I'll just sleep again and in the morning it will be better." „Rose." Shawn chuckles. „Hm?" I hum, opening my eyes to look at him.

"It's 2 pm. We let you sleep because you looked exhausted." „Oh." I mumble, eventually shutting my eyes again. „I'll get you something. Just wait a minute." Shawn says, draping the soft blanket over me before I hear the door open and shut.