Chapter 60

Rose's POV:
"Huh? Shawn!" I squeak as he acts like he pulls me into the water by my legs. "With or without dress? Your choice." Shawn says, holding onto me so I can't stand up.

„None of that." I huff, crossing my arms. "Aww come on, you really want to miss going swimming under the moonlight in California in the middle of the night with me?" Shawn pouts.

I sigh, a smile creeping onto my lips due his adorable face. Maybe just a few minutes. "Fine but let me take off my dress." I say, wiggling out of his grip.

I stand up opening he zipper which is low on my back before starting to slide it off. My cheeks turn red as I notice Shawn watching me.

What if he doesn't like my body? I surely don't look like all the models he has probably been with. "Everything okey?" Shawn questions, swimming closer. "Uh yeah. Turn around."

"Babe-" "Turn around or I won't come in." I say. "Okey okey" Shawn replies, the back of his head now facing me. I take the dress off completely before sitting on the edge to dip my toe into the ocean.

„Shawn it's cold." I sigh. "I'll keep you warm." Shawn smiles, swimming over to me. "I told you to turn around idiot." I respond, pulling my legs towards me.

„Rose you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Stop thinking otherwise." "Mhm sure." I mumble. As if. "I'm serious and I'm going to prove it to you. But for now come here." He says, extending his arms.

I bite my inner cheek, deciding to finally give in and jump into the water. As I come up again I gasp at the coldness, holding onto Shawn's shoulders. "Not that bad right?" He asks as he wraps my legs around his torso.

„It's fine." I shrug, causing him to chuckle. He walks back a bit since he can still stand here. "How are you so tall?" I ask and Shawn chuckles lightly. As I feel his fingertips grazing my back I look into his eyes, a small smile on his lips.

„What?" "Your eyes... they are gorgeous." Shawn says, kissing my nose and for the first time in a while I remember that my eyes are different but right now... I don't feel bad about it.

Smiling, I run my hand trough his wet strands to push them off his forehead. He actually makes me feel warm... not just from the outside.

"You know what would be really romantic?" Shawn asks, grinning. I tilt my head waiting for him to answer his questions himself. "If I kiss you." "That would be really cliche." I tease.

"Well actually this is already cliche enough so why not make it even more cliche?" Shawn questions, before moving his head closer. His forehead rests on mine as he awaits my answer.

My heart  jumping uncontrollably but in a good way. "You are right. Someone has to recreate bad high school movies." I say, causing him to laugh.

„True." He quietly says  before his lips finally meet mine. I could taste the salty flavor of the ocean water on them. I slightly pull on the short hair on the back of his neck, causing him to hum into the kiss.

„I love when you do that." He quickly says, before resuming to the kiss. I smile as his large hands move up and down my sides until they rest on my thighs.

God, it feel so good and right to kiss him. Shawn moves one hand up to my cheek, tilting my head so he could deepen the kiss.

I gladly accept that wrapping my arms around his shoulder to be even closer to him. I could get lost in this moment forevermore... "Shawn!" I say, as I'm suddenly pressed under water.

Gasping I come up again, glaring at a laughing Shawn. "What? I just wanted it to make it less cliche for you darling." He chuckles, swimming away as I follow him trying to get his head underwater.

„You are an idiot." I say, still having to laugh. I catch up to him, pushing all his shoulders down with all the strength I have and it actually works.

„Hey!" Shawn coughs, wrapping his arms around my stomach as I try to get away from him. "Shawn please I'm cold." I pout, causing him to roll his eyes. "You'll get it back next time." He jokes, as we head back to the shore.

We climb up onto the dock and Shawn wraps the blanket around me. "Aren't you cold too?" I ask, following him as he walks with our clothes in his hand onto the beach. He sets them down on a big branch.

"I'll be back in a second. Wait here." Shawn says, walking towards the palms and trees. After sliding on my dress, I sit down on the piece of wood waiting for him to return. This boy is really weird sometimes but I like it.

After a short while Shawn appears with pieces of wood in his hands, starting to make a small campfire. He actually manages to make it burn before he sits down next to me on the sand after putting on his pants and shirt.

„I'm impressed." I say, leaning my head against his shoulder. "I'm Canadian, I can do anything." Shawn says proudly. "Of course." I giggle, intertwining his right hand with my left one.

I place the blanket around both of us as he rests his arms behind my shoulders on the branch. I smile, as we silently sit there just enjoying the night.

The stars and moon reflect in the ocean making it look magical. I could get used to that. Maybe I'll move to LA. But then I would leave my grandmas behind. Of course my thoughts had to jump back to Carter immediately, causing my smile to fade.

I miss him so much. I never noticed how just one call or some text could make my whole day. Maybe I should apologize for calling him an asshole but it wouldn't use anything I he didn't want to talk to me.

Why do you think he hasn't called you since then Rose? I just hope that we can be friends some day again. „Rose?" „Hm?" I hum, turning my head to look at Shawn. „What are you thinking about?"

„Nothing important." I shrug, drawing shapes with my finger in the sand. „It's bothering you therefore it is important." Shawn says, moving my head with his fingers so his eyes meet mine again.

„It's about Carter right?" I nod. „Hey a friendship like yours doesn't just disappear. Wait a bit longer and than call him. I'm sure he missed you too and he regrets saying that to you." Shawn says giving me a fake smile.

„That was the most forced smile I've ever seen." I chuckle. „I'm giving the girl I love advise on how to save her friendship with the boy who also loves her. That's nothing to smile about for me." Shawn replies, laughing lightly.

My body tenses unintentionally and my eyes widen as I realize what he just said. He just... Love? Out of words I watch how Shawn's jaw drops. „Uh... well, it's pretty late. We should go don't you think?" Shawn stutters, slipping out under the blanket.

„Yeah. I'm tired anyways." I say, clearing my throat. I take the blanket and put my high heels on as Shawn makes sure the fire isn't burning anymore.

Silently we walk towards the street where he stops a taxi to bring us back to the studio. We sit down and a really awkward silence overcomes us. He loves me? I gulp, looking out of the window.

What should I say? F*ck. I just don't know if I can say it back yet. Shit shit shit. I should have acted like I didn't hear it. Sighing, I watch Shawn out of the corner of my eye. He fumbles nervously with his ring and his expression seems quiet shocked.

Maybe he didn't even mean it like that. It was probably just an accident. I say but my inner voice starts to tell me how dumb my thoughts are once again. Oh god. Do I love him?