Chapter 77

Rose's POV:
„Too bad that we don't have any clothes of my brother anymore." I say, trying my best to hide the grin on my face as I tie my freshly washed hair in a bun, watching Shawn rub his hair dry a bit with a towel, only in his boxers. We stayed so long out in the rain that everything was completely soaked.

"Yeah too bad." He answers, shaking his head in amusement. As I put cream on my face, he comes up behind me watching me in the reflection of the mirror. His warm chest pressing against my back and his head resting on my shoulder.

"I have a surprise for you." Shawn whispers. „What is it?" „I can only show you." he responds, placing a kiss just below my ear which makes my legs feel like jelly.

Heat rises up in my cheeks as he eyes me intensely, so I turn around in his arms before I start to look like a tomato. „Then show me." I reply, crossing my arms. Shawn nods, a small smirk playing on his lips as he leads me into my bedroom. What does he have in mind?

"Sit here and close your eyes." Shawn orders gently, carefully pushing me down onto the bed. I just raise my eyebrow, not being sure if I want to. „

"Come on." he chuckles, pressing a short kiss to my forehead. Sighing, I give in, patiently listening as I hear him doing something. „Don't even think about opening your eyes." Shawn warns. „Yeah yeah." I mumble, sitting cross legged on my bed.

Shortly after, the bed dips as I feel him sitting next to me. „Alright. You can open them now." I immediately do so, staring at the black guitar case on his lap in confusion.

"Open it." Shawn smiles. Hesitantly I reach over to the clips that hold it together and pop them open. My eyes widen as I open the lid.

Wait is that... but how? I must look like a deer in the headlights because Shawn laughs lightly at my reaction before taking the beautiful light brown guitar out of its case, placing it on my lap.

"Yes it's your mom's guitar." Shawn says, answering my unspoken question. I quickly look onto the back of it and as I see the carvings ‚N' and ‚R' in the wood. I could feel tears well up in my eyes. This time happy tears though.

„You don't know how long it took me to find it but I hope the surprise was successful." „You are honestly asking if it was a good surprise?" I chuckle, jumping onto him, my arms wrapped around his neck. We almost fall off the bed but Shawn manages to hold me and the guitar.

„Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." I repeat, kissing him multiple times on the cheek while wrapping my arms even tighter around me. „I'm glad it made you happy." Shawn replies chuckling, his free hand rubbing soothingly up and down my back.

We keep sitting like that for a while until I pull back, plopping onto the bed again to place the guitar on my lap. Mom used to play guitar for Nathan and me just like my dad always played piano.

Since then, I always wanted to learn guitar but never found the motivation for it until Shawn showed me. Before I start to cry from the beautiful memories, I turn my head to look at Shawn, smiling like and idiot. „I thought I would never see it again. Where did you find it?"

„I looked for the sister of your mom. She had it and believe me it was not easy to get it from her."

"Oh yeah... she was never really a fan of us." I chuckle, starting to play some chords I'm sure Shawn will recognize. A smile appears on his lips as he realizes that I'm playing the melody of She'll be the one.

"Since when do you know how to play that?" „I like it and then I just tried like two weeks ago." I shrug. „That's good, because it's about you." he whispers the last part, stroking a strand of hair gently behind my ear.