Chapter 68

Rose's POV:
I rub the sweaty palms of my hands on my jeans, waiting for one of them to approach. God why am I so nervous? It will be fine. I'm sure... maybe I shouldn't even have come here.

Yeah, I think it's better if I go. More and more doubts ross my mind and I was about to stand up and leave as I see a dark figure walking down the bridge. The only light being the dim street lamps, therefore I cannot see the features of the person but I recognize the jacket.

My heartbeat immediately increases as I clearly see that it's Shawn as closer as he gets. It wasn't a fan who wanted to mess with him and it wasn't a joke from one of his friends. He is actually here. I try o breath as quietly as possible even though he is a few meters away from me and surely can't hear me but to me it seems like my breath is louder than anything.

Frowning, I hold onto the ground as I start to get dizzy. Oh god, please not now. I can't have a panic attack now. My breath is sharp as I press my left shaky hand against my mouth to keep me from hyperventilating. Why am I like that? They come out of nowhere!

Closing my eyes I try to control my breathing but instead of making it slower I could hear faint voice in my head. Please not now. Why is this happening? My eyes open immediately as I hear the cracking of a branch followed by footsteps on the concrete.

Praying that it is not the person I think, I eye the tall figure. To my surprise it stopped. The upcoming voices grew silent all at once and my heartbeat goes almost normally again. What...? After shaking my head I pinch my eyes, trying my hardest to make out any familiar features but all I could see was the back of a black leather jacket.

I watch how Shawn takes off his hood and from now all feels like... I can't even describe it. It's like slow motion. His mouth moves, like he is speaking before the second man takes of his hood. Blonde strands of hair become visible, causing my breath to hitch.

No. That can't be. Please no. Shawn wouldn't lie.

With my eyes locked on them, I head towards them. My feet only dragging me forward ever so slowly.

I feel my body tense the nearer I get but the next thing I hear causes a little crack in my heart. „Nathan..." All I hear Shawn say was his name, I couldn't even understand the rest of the sentence. He lied.

Anger and sadness spreads in me as I speed up during the last few steps. I come to a stop a little behind him. Behind my brother, as Shawn's gaze catches mine. I could see hear him mumble something, his eyes wide in disbelief and his mouth staying agape.

My hands which are hanging by my sides, curls into fists, my fingernails pressing into my flesh. He seems to finally notice Shawn staring behind him so he turns around. The same shocked expression making its way to his oh so familiar face. Nathan.

At this moment I want nothing more than to scream at him for leaving me, hug the hell out of him, cry because of joy and punch Shawn for betraying me.

My head is a mess of emotions right now but my body remains still and my face blank. I feel to many things to let them out so I just stare at them and they stare back.

I slowly scan my long lost brother up and down, taking in all his features. His hair got shorter but still not too short, he definitely got stronger and I could see the end of an tattoo just below his neck. He is here, right in front of me.

After two years if dreaming from this moment, it happened but I'm not able to be as happy as I imagined me to be. I could feel his ocean blue but still warm eyes on me as mine wander to the person who promised that I could trust him.

I could literally hear my heart break a little more as I meet his guilty looking eyes. Due the pained expression on his face he seemed to hear it too... or no, he knows because he also knew what he was doing all along.